Author Topic: According To Cubestat Avast.COM Has The Most Page Views of All Security Cos  (Read 3740 times)

Nesivos

Top ten websites among Security Software companies with respect to daily page views according to Cubestat.

Cubestat shows Avast.com webpages receiving 5.1 million views a day.

1.  Avast
2.  AVG
3.  SuperAntiSpyware
4.  ESET
5.  McAfee
6.  Symantec
7.  Kaspersky
8.  Avira
9.  PCTools
10. Trend Micro

Yes, I checked Malwarebytes and it is not in the top ten.  It was 12th.

I had to compile the stats one company at a time so sorry if I missed one that could rank in the top ten.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
A link please.
The best things in life are free.

Nesivos

A link please.

http://www.cubestat.com/

Just enter the Avast url in the box.

If you want to get the numbers for the other Security companies just enter each one's URL in the box.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:24:15 PM by Nesivos »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Still can't follow... Should I post each of the companies website there, one by one, and compare?

Nesivos

Still can't follow... Should I post each of the companies website there, one by one, and compare?

That is what I did

I went to each company's main webspage copied the URL had Cubestat compute the number.
I then entered the number into a spreadsheet
I did this for each company to come up with the order

Here is the link to the Avast computation

http://www.cubestat.com/www.avast.com

1.  I don't know where they get their numbers from
2.  Ignore the "Worth" value.   I double checked for The Huffington Post against what AOL paid for The Huffington Post and it wasn't close.

Just to reemphasize -  The title of the thread is "According to Cubestat..."   I have no idea how accurate or inaccurate their page views numbers may be.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:42:08 PM by Nesivos »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I see. But there are other security companies that you did not test. I mean, it's difficult to say "top ten" in this case as you did not test every company, forum, etc.

Top ten websites among Security Software companies with respect to daily page views according to Cubestat.

Nesivos

I see. But there are other security companies that you did not test. I mean, it's difficult to say "top ten" in this case as you did not test every company, forum, etc.

So tell me which ones I missed and I will enter them and post the new top ten list if there is a change.

Fifteen minutes to post the other companies.  After that I will ignore.

P.S.  I did about 15 - 20 companies so there is a good chance that any company that you list was in my list but not in the top ten.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
So tell me which ones I missed and I will enter them and post the new top ten list if there is a change.
I'm not the one who will do it... Just trying to follow your mind.

Fifteen minutes to post the other companies.  After that I will ignore.
Don't need to wait... You won't have enough time to get all the security software site/forum to test...

By the way, I'm not arguing with you. Just trying to understand the reliability of cubestat results.

Nesivos

I won't be able to give you any information on the reliability of their stats.

According to http://www.markosweb.com/www/cubestat.com/  There is some interesting stuff at this link.

cubestat is a website value, estimations and information tool. our unique algorithm calculator will give you precise stat among the website worth, daily pageviews & ads revenue
What is cubestat.com?

Cubestat estimated worth valuation for every web and blog in the world including web stat, Meta info, rank from Alexa, Quantcast rank, pagerank, Dmoz, icann and similar profile info

The main feature at cubestat is to estimate your blog price (see picture bellow for example “How much Google worth ”

http://www.earningstep.com/free/cubestat-estimated-worth-valuation-for-your-blogsite/

As you can see from their comment they use a unique algorithm calculator

Is it accurate?

I guess you have to dig further to see if websites and Net advertisers use their information. :)