Author Topic: avast UI problem......  (Read 14101 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast UI problem......
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »
Exactly, stopping a scan closes the log report for it also at the point that scan was stopped. So there is no point for a resumption, had he selected Pause, then there would/should have been the ability to Resume.

Opened the avast Scan Computer section, Started a Quick Scan, closed the avastUI and the scan in progress pop-up appeared as expected, image1 (note the Resume option).

I closed this scan in progress pop-up, I opened the avastUI and low and behold the Scan was still paused with Resume button available/active.

I pressed Resume and guess what, the scan resumed, image3. I stopped the Scan and it was concluded no resume option as expected and the log had been closed for that scan with only a fraction of my normal Quick scan completed, image4.

So all in all everything working as expected.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:40:59 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 07:17:54 AM »
Hi David,
   Thank for trying. Can you do just as I am saying plz...
1.  Start a quick Scan or full scan from GUI and close UI.
2.  A pop up will be shown showing scan progress....Right?
3.  Stop the scan from the pop.. And close the pop up or let it close itself.
4.  Then right click on avast icon and click last popup shown...

I think it should a popup which will showing Scan/Cancelled....(if I am not wrong)
But its showing me this..(see screnshot notice nothing is written there like Running, paused or stopped)

Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
Hi David,

I think it should a popup which will showing Scan/Cancelled....(if I am not wrong)
But its showing me this..(see screnshot notice nothing is written there like Running, paused or stopped)

Once you STOP the Scan its STOPPED! you cant resume a stopped scan. You can only resume a paused scan! There is nothing wrong with the GUI. When you click "show last popup" it shows the last popup but since you stopped the Scan you cant resume it!

Hope I made it clear..  ;D
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Probzzie

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »
Did as indicated and the last pop up said running and the scan resumed and finished with no stop.
Tell me the message does not say "run" "stopped" "paused", but when you open is the scan itself running?

Maybe your computer is lagging due to the scan? Being you are closing it out and continuing a different task? I thought I would mention that as a possibility. I can't tell if the system having a problem due to lack of system info but its just a thought. That would be the first thing I would think, second thing I would try is to see if Avast! would finish without closing the UI and seeing if it completes.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:39:40 AM by -BigBear- »

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 08:23:53 AM »

Once you STOP the Scan its STOPPED! you cant resume a stopped scan. You can only resume a paused scan! There is nothing wrong with the GUI. When you click "show last popup" it shows the last popup but since you stopped the Scan you cant resume it!

Dear then see the screenshot I stopped the scan and Resume button is still there...Can u tell me the purpose of resume button there????
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »

Dear then see the screenshot I stopped the scan and Resume button is still there...Can u tell me the purpose of resume button there????

You clicked "Show Last popup" right? so it did what you asked it to do.. The resume button is a part of that popup.. This isnt an issue nor a bug... its normal! Those buttons are a part of that popup..
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 08:41:52 AM »
I think it should show this instead of showing that resume and STOP button..

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
Did as indicated and the last pop up said running and the scan resumed and finished with no stop.
Tell me the message does not say "run" "stopped" "paused", but when you open is the scan itself running?

Maybe your computer is lagging due to the scan? Being you are closing it out and continuing a different task? I thought I would mention that as a possibility. I can't tell if the system having a problem due to lack of system info but its just a thought. That would be the first thing I would think, second thing I would try is to see if Avast! would finish without closing the UI and seeing if it completes.

@Bigbear:-- Click on last popup shown and see whats shown.... Its a bug what I think

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
I think it should show this instead of showing that resume and STOP button..

Oh you maybe right about this  ;D You didnt explain the problem properly and now only you submitted the proper screenshot.. Its a minor bug I think   ;D

If you had uploaded this screenshot with the rest of them, it would have been much clearer..  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:54:53 AM by DraKuL »

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
So now you understand my point......? I think u have the same problem..? ???

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 10:14:26 AM »
So now you understand my point......? I think u have the same problem..? ???

Yes yes.. Its a small bug I think, I'm also experiencing it.. and now since you added a screenshot of how it should be, I'm sure the others will also realize what you're trying to say here..

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
I hope this will be fixed soon. may be in the next build...

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
I hope this will be fixed soon. may be in the next build...

Its a very minor issue.. Nothing serious.. and yea they will work on it but I'm sure they have bigger things to worry about.. WebRep for Chrome for instance..

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
...WebRep for Chrome for instance..
Agree  ;D
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
Hi David,

Essentially that is what I did (excluding step 4 & 5, as I wouldn't dream of trying to show the last pop-up.

This however isn't what I would call a pop-up in the sense of the Update, Alert, Notice or Warning pop-ups, so personally I wouldn't even have tried to show the last pop-up.

What purpose would it serve even if it were to pop-up ?
Since the scan was stopped it couldn't be restarted or a new one started as this can't be used to launch a scan, I see zero purpose in trying to have it pop-up again.

However, I did try it and it does work for me, clicking resume, just shows scan stopped/cancelled, though as I said I see absolutely no purpose in it doing that.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:03:39 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security