Author Topic: Avast 6 - Scanner UI Problem  (Read 7574 times)

avastrad

Avast 6 - Scanner UI Problem
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:32:04 AM »
Hi,

When I scan my computer for viruses, the progress notification message have a problem.

Screen:

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast 6 - Scanner UI Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »
I have afeeling you have the wrong screen shot!  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:10:25 AM »
i cant really tell from your screenshot, but are you referring to the right side of the progress notification? it appears to be cut off. im not sure if that is just a screenshot error or the problem you are experiencing.  ???

is your screen resolution correct?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:25:15 AM »

No they don't.

@ avastrad
It would have been better if you had actually cropped the image so that only the relevant section was showing, e.g. that of the scan in progress pop-up at the bottom right of the image that you have highlighted.

So what is it about the Progress notification message you have the problem with ?

Obviously I can't read what is said on the message, not my native language and is too small.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:30:01 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastrad

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »
i cant really tell from your screenshot, but are you referring to the right side of the progress notification? it appears to be cut off. im not sure if that is just a screenshot error or the problem you are experiencing.  ???

is your screen resolution correct?

Sorry, I don't explained properly.

I am referring to right side of message. I can't minimize the message; and I can't navigate properly with Firefox, for example; and I can't access the desktop icon in the back of the message; etc...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:54:18 AM by avastrad »

avastrad

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:59:18 AM »

No they don't.

@ avastrad
It would have been better if you had actually cropped the image so that only the relevant section was showing, e.g. that of the scan in progress pop-up at the bottom right of the image that you have highlighted.

So what is it about the Progress notification message you have the problem with ?

Obviously I can't read what is said on the message, not my native language and is too small.

Sorry...

I can't access button for minimize the message and I can't access anything in the back of the message: icons in desktop, links in webpages, etc...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 04:20:36 AM »
OK, it does sound a bit like it is screen resolution as it should be positioned at the bottom right of your screen as in my image.

There is actually no minimise button only a close button X only this is currently out of view. This scan in progress notification pop-up will have focus, in the same way as the task manager so you won't be able to access anything underneath/behind it.

However if you either click the avast tray icon or the Details button/link in the scan progress pop-up it will open the avastUI, Scan Computers section, once that is open you can minimise the avastUI to the tray

Whilst this isn't ideal it is al least a work around so you can access what is behind the scan progress pop-up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:22:40 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastrad

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 04:31:42 AM »
OK, it does sound a bit like it is screen resolution as it should be positioned at the bottom right of your screen as in my image.

There is actually no minimise button only a close button X only this is currently out of view. This scan in progress notification pop-up will have focus, in the same way as the task manager so you won't be able to access anything underneath/behind it.

However if you either click the avast tray icon or the Details button/link in the scan progress pop-up it will open the avastUI, Scan Computers section, once that is open you can minimise the avastUI to the tray

Whilst this isn't ideal it is al least a work around so you can access what is behind the scan progress pop-up.

Yes, I know. This happen because my language is portuguese. Is too big. English is small. But, I reported this error for the Avast Team solve this issue.

BTCentral

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 04:34:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure the issue the avastrad is trying to point out is that due to the translation - the text is too long (more specifically Escanemento completo do sistema).
This is then causing the first part of the box to be bigger than it should be and stopping them from being able to see the avast logo or click the close button (as the second part is getting cut off).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:37:46 AM by BTCentral »

avastrad

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 04:38:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure the issue the avastrad is trying to point out is that due to the translation - the text is too long.
This is then causing the first part of the box to be bigger than it should be and stopping them from being able to see the avast logo or click the close button (as the second part is getting cut off).

Yes!!!

Sorry, my english is not good.

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
1. Has this problem always been this way in the version of Avast you are using? 
2. Did you have this problem with previous (older) versions of Avast?
3. Did you upgrade to this version of Avast or was this a clean (start from new) install?

You can try an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.  Thank you.

avastrad

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 04:08:26 PM »
1. Has this problem always been this way in the version of Avast you are using? 

Yes. Avast Free 6.0.1000.

2. Did you have this problem with previous (older) versions of Avast?

No.

3. Did you upgrade to this version of Avast or was this a clean (start from new) install?

Clean installation. Start from new install.

You can try an Avast Repair:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.  Thank you.

Not solves.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
The message window size should be language dependent.
The translation is correct, but the size of the window message isn't.
The best things in life are free.

SafeSurf

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »
I agree with Tech since this only happened with this version of Avast.

You may want to uninstall Avast using the Avast Uninstaller Tool http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear6.exe, reboot, and try version 6.0.1044 to see if this fixes your problem.

Download link for 6.0.1044:
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1044/setup_av_free.exe.

avastrad

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
I agree with Tech since this only happened with this version of Avast.

You may want to uninstall Avast using the Avast Uninstaller Tool http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear6.exe, reboot, and try version 6.0.1044 to see if this fixes your problem.

Download link for 6.0.1044:
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.1044/setup_av_free.exe.

I don't use beta versions. I prefer to wait the next stable version.

Thank you.