Author Topic: Avast Antivirus 6 Free Skins?  (Read 22717 times)

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: Avast Antivirus 6 Free Skins?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
The skin is perfect. No need for tweaking and stuff like that.

Normally you don't even see the GUI during everyday PC-usage...

Skinning is just kids-play for programs like this.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

redblade8

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 01:58:45 AM »
I think I shall give up  ::) ^^ ...Avast decided to change its program to something else, and I cannot do anything about that except for keep using Avast 4 like I have been for many years... XD
I just miss the avast 4 UI , how it looked and everything ^^
...haha, when I first saw avast 5, I wondered if some big company bought avast and turned it into **** or something like that =P
...I just don't like it...reminds me of XP Home Security malware...

...why yes...I am after all, just some random teenager whos opinion does not matter  ;D

I Am Hoping You Guys A Good Day, Aufwiedersehen ^^

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 02:09:28 AM »
The skin has zero to do with the program functionality/protection, that is aesthetics, so essentially avast hasn't changed its program to something else. Other than to improve the protection afforded by avast 5&6, with additional areas of protection not in avast 4.8.

So you can carry on using 4.8 until the life support is switched off, which isn't that far off.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24:38 AM »
I think it would be silly to like open the avast UI and look at everything and think "I'm going to look at this UI all day looong"  ;D  like who would do that  :P
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

redblade8

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:30 PM »
The skin has zero to do with the program functionality/protection, that is aesthetics, so essentially avast hasn't changed its program to something else. Other than to improve the protection afforded by avast 5&6, with additional areas of protection not in avast 4.8.

So you can carry on using 4.8 until the life support is switched off, which isn't that far off.

I will ! Thankyou  ;D
...it's kind of like windows yes? Still windows, but changes its looks to look like something completely new/different, when it isn't.

I think it would be silly to like open the avast UI and look at everything and think "I'm going to look at this UI all day looong"  Grin  like who would do that  Tongue

It isn't that at all...it's more like 'oh dear god! I can't look at the horrid-nous !' That is why I use 4.8 , it doesn't give me that kind of reaction =)

Can a mod just close this topic please..? =)
I Am Hoping You All A Good Day =PP

g0dsends

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
skins are not a problem for me its just alook its actually what avast does i like ;)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 01:01:11 AM »
RedBlade8, would you be the same one that posted on my soundpack tutorial? (same name, but no 8, different email but same posting style...)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:07:18 AM by spg SCOTT »

DarkMasters

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »
I like the 5 and 6 version of avast UI. Black and orange is a good match. It's easy on the eye.
Really, the media player wannabe version of Avast is what my friends always says everytime I mention of how Avast better then their bloated AVG.

That's right... Unless you're really boring and having all the time in the world to open Avast UI and staring it for hours  ;D

redblade8

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
I like the 5 and 6 version of avast UI. Black and orange is a good match. It's easy on the eye.
Really, the media player wannabe version of Avast is what my friends always says everytime I mention of how Avast better then their bloated AVG.

That's right... Unless you're really boring and having all the time in the world to open Avast UI and staring it for hours  ;D

I find the bright orange a strain my eyes. It's too bright. So, that is why I wanted to change it  ;)

Let's see...delete bright orange icon on desktop...anywhere I see it...make sure avast doesn't come up with that it is updated...never scan my computer...and see to it that avast doesn't come up with that a virus has been found...

Then, I will never be able to see the gaudy bright orange interface through normal use !!!

Mwahahaha!!   ;) ;D  ;D

skins are not a problem for me its just alook its actually what avast does i like ;)

You make sense. +1 to you ^^.
I do want the new avast sandbox...and many other new features/etc...
And I really do prefer what it does over looks...

I just don't like the interface. So much so, I won't upgrade. Which has me hitting my head against the wall.
...BUT...I really just don't like the new interface/look. The interface looks like all the other anti-virus's out there. It's looks so generic...unlike how avast's old interface actually stood out. It also reminds me of a couple virus's i've gotten in the past that pretend to be antivirus's when they are not. Take XP Home Security 2011 for instance...

RedBlade8, would you be the same one that posted on my soundpack tutorial? (same name, but no 8, different email but same posting style...)

...It could of been...
Is this the one you are speaking about?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74517.15
EDIT: That's not the one...digging deeper into posts...
NVM, searched for it on the avast site...
This?: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74517.0

Do you mean your wordpress site?
http://spgscott.wordpress.com/tutorials/creating-custom-soundpacks-for-avast/
Haha, yes, that was me, I like to customize things ...so...when I found out that I could create a custom soundpack for avast, I was surprised, and thankful for your wonderful work on that tutorial ^^. Thanks for making it.  ;):)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:14:50 AM by redblade8 »

DarkMasters

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 12:39:28 AM »
I find the bright orange a strain my eyes. It's too bright. So, that is why I wanted to change it  ;)

Different person, different eyes, different perspective... OK! I got you...  :)

Let's see...delete bright orange icon on desktop...anywhere I see it...make sure avast doesn't come up with that it is updated...never scan my computer...and see to it that avast doesn't come up with that a virus has been found...

Then, I will never be able to see the gaudy bright orange interface through normal use !!!

I didn't show my desktop icons in my machine so, no icons here. Well, if you think Avast UI colour theme is too flashy then, try to compare it with another antivirus...

After testing a big 5 Free antivirus (Avast, Avira, AVG, MSE, Panda), there's only 3 antivirus with nice or passable UI. Avast, AVG, and MSE. Since AVG is a resource monster and MSE a bit heavier than Avast... So it's Avast for me.

redblade8

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
I find the bright orange a strain my eyes. It's too bright. So, that is why I wanted to change it  ;)

Different person, different eyes, different perspective... OK! I got you...  :)

Kamendasai.
Haha, yes, you are right.  8) ...I hope i'm not getting repetitious now...nn.

I didn't show my desktop icons in my machine so, no icons here. Well, if you think Avast UI colour theme is too flashy then, try to compare it with another antivirus...

After testing a big 5 Free antivirus (Avast, Avira, AVG, MSE, Panda), there's only 3 antivirus with nice or passable UI. Avast, AVG, and MSE. Since AVG is a resource monster and MSE a bit heavier than Avast... So it's Avast for me.

Hmm. I found MSE to be more resource heavy than AVG. However, last time I used AVG on an xp computer ( to compare with my mse experience, ) was a long while ago... But the using MSE was recent, and it slowed the xp computer I was using to almost non-useable-ness.

I also don't like the way that the newest AVG is set up.
When I tried to install it, it complains that I have Avast installed :\
THEN, I had to uninstall Avast, install AVG, and then re-install Avast and it works fine.

However, I got an odd downloading bug in which I couldn't download or open anything.
The issue ( after searching around for a bit trying to find a solution, ) was AVG . I uninstalled AVG, and then I could download everything again.
...this is what I posted at firefox support...
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/812860

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 03:04:22 AM »
That is a classic case of conflict and why you shouldn't install two resident AVs on your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 03:15:58 AM »
I also don't like the way that the newest AVG is set up.
When I tried to install it, it complains that I have Avast installed :\
THEN, I had to uninstall Avast, install AVG, and then re-install Avast and it works fine.
As David said, classical...
The best things in life are free.

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 07:13:55 AM »
I am also on the list who hate avast! Interface.

But i just love the look of avast forum, may be version 7 will be something difference.

Good Luck for avast 7 hope it comes soon as beta

regards
Ashish
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

spg SCOTT

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
Do you mean your wordpress site?
http://spgscott.wordpress.com/tutorials/creating-custom-soundpacks-for-avast/
Haha, yes, that was me, I like to customize things ...so...when I found out that I could create a custom soundpack for avast, I was surprised, and thankful for your wonderful work on that tutorial ^^. Thanks for making it.  ;):)

Yes, that one. I don't get many comments so I tend to investigate them before approving them. You're welcome ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:45:23 AM by spg SCOTT »