Author Topic: Virus definitons update-Can't open several web sites  (Read 13422 times)

[GUE]viking

Re: Virus definitons update-Can't open several web sites
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 12:10:09 AM »
Yes, please update to 110411-2 This should fix the problems

Agreed!

Thank you for the prompt response! This level of professionalism is exacty why I have been using Avast for several years and continue to encourage all friends and family to use Avast!

Great job! 8)

disPlay

gning

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »
I not only have this error on half of the websites I visit, but when I did a boot scan it also found this "infection" on half of the HTML files stored on my system... including files authored by Microsoft.  As far as I can tell, it's pretty much reporting infection on any html that references a separate javascript file.

I tried scanning my own website to see if it reported infections in files I'd written myself, but those it did manage to pass as clean.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 12:13:23 AM »
Yes, please update to 110411-2 This should fix the problems

Agreed!

Thank you for the prompt response! This level of professionalism is exacty why I have been using Avast for several years and continue to encourage all friends and family to use Avast!

Great job! 8)
I'm just a user like yourself, and now that I can get on the forum, I can post ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

omcreations

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:03 AM »
OK, I'm going to chime in on what solved this issue with me. I have Avast Internet Security on my business computers. All computers were down. I attempted update of definitions, but Avast told me I had the most recent definitions. I spent 2 hours scanning the computer, which "detected" 4,677 "infected" files, which were ALL html files. Being a web designer, of course I have HTML files, but when Avast told me that html files for Quickbooks and Adobe CS4 were infected, I was HIGHLY suspicious. I was almost ready to install another internet security suite, but decided to update the software. Updating the software from Avast 5 to Avast 6 resolved the issue.

If updating the definitions doesn't resolved the issue, open the Avast control panel, go to Maintenance, and update the Program. You will likely be asked to reboot your computer (it did for me). You should be updated to version 6, and should be able to access all websites again.

Apparently, there was some glitch in the recent Avast upgrade that blocks html pages, which is, of course, pretty much every web site on the internet.

street_lethal

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »
I not only have this error on half of the websites I visit, but when I did a boot scan it also found this "infection" on half of the HTML files stored on my system... including files authored by Microsoft.  As far as I can tell, it's pretty much reporting infection on any html that references a separate javascript file.

I tried scanning my own website to see if it reported infections in files I'd written myself, but those it did manage to pass as clean.

Yeah it was flagging html files left and right as infected html:script-inf. I went to nero.com to check for updates for nero and it flagged that site as infected. Then I did a scan and it picked up html files in my vmware help folder. I knew something was up. I scanned with MBAM and ESET online and everything was clean. I also had problems trying to update to the newest definitions but it finally worked. This forum was down as well.

pgp66

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
Do the update and then do a reboot. Everything worked again after that. The issue occured on two pc's for me and both needed the reboot to work.

Paul

paraxeno

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 12:45:05 AM »
boot scanned a friends computer after the hundreds of false alerts and deleted lots of files during that, with a result of loosing the sound of windows after the boot scan and deleting of files ended, on windows xp pro would a system restore fix the sound problem ????
thanks in advance for the help
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:56:17 AM by paraxeno »

paraxeno

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »
anyone some help please? points above post with question
how about files that were deleted in boot scan after the faulty alerts? would a system restore fix them? lost sound from computer after the deletion on windows xp pro
thanks again for any help that I will get
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:25:07 AM by paraxeno »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:06 AM »
paraxeno, the false positive incident of today affect websites (and only temporary files on the browser cache).
If you delete files, rather than send to Chest, they're probably can't be recovered.
I suggest you reinstall the audio drivers (if avast has moved any file to Chest...).
The best things in life are free.

paraxeno

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
Thank you Tech... after lots of reading last night I think this is what I will do :D thanks for your reply - at least we learnt sthg from this incident, calm down be patient dont panic and dont delete until advised :)

gincs02

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
how to find a virus whit avast! internet scurity who come on my on internet   

I found sometink but I don`t know what is

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
how to find a virus whit avast! internet scurity who come on my on internet   

I found sometink but I don`t know what is
Please, open a new thread for your specific issue.
The best things in life are free.