Author Topic: Help! How do i delete the webshield logs in GUI?  (Read 5641 times)

Allfor5

Help! How do i delete the webshield logs in GUI?
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
Hello i have the paid pro avast antivirus and i deleted the webshield.txt file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\report\WebShield.txt but when i open up the avast GUI and click on real time shields-web shield- shield log, the data is still there.

How can i delete it from the GUI

Thank You

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: Help! How do i delete the webshield logs in GUI?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:21:03 PM »
Why you want to delete It? This informs you what viruses were blocked and what action was picked. Anyway I think that It's automatically deleted after a few days.
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:33:33 PM »
You can restrict the size of report files, avastUI, Settings, Maintenance, Auto cleanup and the Maximum size of each log file, I have mine set to 64KB so that will drop off old entries. You could set it lower as 4KB for a txt file is still large if you are browsing it.

There are some files that don't abide by this limit, generally the setup.log and ones that are more benefit for debug/developer use.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
Why you want to delete It? This informs you what viruses were blocked and what action was picked. Anyway I think that It's automatically deleted after a few days.

Duh... it was probably a pr0n site and he didn't want anyone to see what he was looking at.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
You can restrict the size of report files, avastUI, Settings, Maintenance, Auto cleanup and the Maximum size of each log file, I have mine set to 64KB so that will drop off old entries. You could set it lower as 4KB for a txt file is still large if you are browsing it.

There are some files that don't abide by this limit, generally the setup.log and ones that are more benefit for debug/developer use.

Since the creator of this thread may not know how to limit/ change the size of the logs and may want to I have posted the following as an aid in doing so.

To limit the size of the logs

Right click on the Avast orange GUI.--------- Click on "Open avast! user interface"----------Click on "Settings"--------Click on "Maintenance"----Go to LOGS and change the size and/or "Enable debug logging" if you wish.

Allfor5

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
I have set the limit to 4kb and i made the "Delete scan logs/logs (i made both) to 1day"

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »
Still the question remains: why would anybody want to do this?
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Still the question remains: why would anybody want to do this?

I Don't know  ;D  I did want to know how at one time. But as time goes by I changed my mind and I don't want to know  :P
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).