Author Topic: Can you translate Avast into Lithuanian?  (Read 7997 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Can you translate Avast into Lithuanian?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 05:51:03 AM »
I have AIS. You say server version... LOL  ;D This is one I'm not familiar with.
Business Protection I meant. They're already released to translation.
By the way, you need Passolo 8 (or 2009) and not Passolo 2011 (which is actually incompatible with avast needs).

ATM I've got all information I need from avast and started to work on translation. Going through easy ones now, leaving "nuts & candies" for last meal. It is a lot of them I'll need to figure out how it may sound in Lithuanian. Lithuanian is not very flexible one on IT terms...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 02:13:23 AM »
ATM I've got all information I need from avast and started to work on translation. Going through easy ones now, leaving "nuts & candies" for last meal. It is a lot of them I'll need to figure out how it may sound in Lithuanian. Lithuanian is not very flexible one on IT terms...
If you need suggestions, change experiences, etc., just let me know. Good work!
The best things in life are free.

cibisserg

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »
Most users are still poorly read in English or in general do not know him (and I translate as through Google Translator). And because the program Lithuanian interface and Lithuanians vote their suit, and help files and guides rarely read.And more than that of the free antivirus do not have any in the Lithuanian language, and from free antivirus only Dr.Web.So Avast would be a huge success among the Lithuanians, and if the interface appear www.avast.com ''Region Selector-''Lithuanian.''