Author Topic: MY safe zone browser hijacked! goes to fake google  (Read 75500 times)

BTCentral

Re: MY safe zone browser hijacked! goes to fake google
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
yeah but if his DNS got hijacked, he'd be rerouted with his "normal browser" too... okay not really in fact, as the SafeZone uses its own Avast secured DNS server... and honestly I can hardly believe that there's any issue there...
I know, it's odd - but it's all I could possibly think of.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »
We should wait till pk check this out... maybe he want to see what's happening in this safezone.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
I have the EXACT same problem!!!

Scanned with MBAM and SAS nothing got detected! I did some online banking also!!! (the homepage didnt load, the same as his screenshot. I went to my online banking site and it worked, but after seeing this post I went to see if I can goto google but no, I get redirected to the same site!!) I reset the safezone too nothing worked!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:48:47 PM by DraKuL »
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »
I have the EXACT same problem!!!

what ??? okay if you got a digital camera, can you take a few pics of your screen (as you cannot use any screen shot utility from the SafeZone) ?

edit: unrelated here, but on a side note, would be nice if Avast updated the SZ chromium version more often. It shouldn't depend on a Avast update but be updated regularly. the current version 9 is particularly outdated ::) (and this should include a couple of unpatched vulnerabilities)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:50:43 PM by Logos »

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »
I edited my post, please check it. and to upload images, the file size is too big, i ll upload on an external site.

Edit: the images are uploaded on sendspace and the links are

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52vbys

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yo5mur
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:56:45 PM by DraKuL »
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 12:56:04 PM »
thing is I'm not getting any redirection here... but okay, since you're the second poster to mention the issue, this has to be taken seriously I guess...

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
Anything related to the FP desaster? Hard to imagine though..

Maybe do a repair installation and check again?
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »
thing is I'm not getting any redirection here... but okay, since you're the second poster to mention the issue, this has to be taken seriously I guess...

Theres no redirection I think (atleast not visible) It says that its google.com but as you can see in the images it doesnt look like it.. and there are so many ads visible as well! So I'm pretty sure its not google and also I cant access the homepage (the default homepage which is Avsast safezone )

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
Anything related to the FP desaster? Hard to imagine though..

Maybe do a repair installation and check again?

I'm certain that this was fine a few days ago.. The last time I accessed safeZone it was working fine.. Not sure if it has to do something with the update but if thats the case shouldnt you guys get it too ?

PS - did you see the pics I uploaded? do you think its a fake google site?

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
I'm not using AIS / PRO, thus no safezone.

The site on the pics is somewhat odd.

Did you browse through all your Avast settings and search for uncommon entries?
Free MBAM Clear

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »
Ok I tried to goto Yahoo, Youtube, Bing - ALL of these take me to fake sites, no images, its actually the same site for Yahoo and Bing, and another site for Youtube.. For these sites I entered the full address, not just the name "yahoo"...

I tried searching for "facebook" by typing it on the address bar, it said URL not found.. But when I enter facebook.com it takes me to a site that seems like facebook ( not sure if its the real one or not but seems real)

Please get someone to look into this as I'm really worried because I just did some online banking a few hours ago!

Hermite15

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
there's some hacking going on definitely (yes I saw your pics)... can't tell at what level it happens. Will have to wait until someone from Avast comes here...

edit: unrelated, I just attempted to clear private data in my SZ browser and that crashed it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:08:56 PM by Logos »

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

Did you browse through all your Avast settings and search for uncommon entries?

What do you mean uncommon entries?

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
there's some hacking going on definitely (yes I saw your pics)...

Now THAT would be a real catastrophe for Avast...

What do you mean uncommon entries?

Entries you have never seen before, entries that changed without reason, entries that you did not make... such things.
Free MBAM Clear

Hermite15

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »
@DraKuL please wait until you clean your SZ browser (private data) or reset the safe zone, as I'm pretty sure that your current data will be needed to investigate.