Author Topic: No computer found..  (Read 8614 times)

Victor Max

No computer found..
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
Hello,

How do I install te AV on the host server (SBS 2011)? All computers are found in the AD discovery but I cannot install any of the AV services because the computer is not found or connected. The server and workstations are in a AD not a workgroup...
Is there a workaround or do I miss something?

Victor Max

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: No computer found..
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
Hello,
How do I install te AV on the host server (SBS 2011)? All computers are found in the AD discovery but I cannot install any of the AV services because the computer is not found or connected.
Can you see any computer in Network tab of the avast Business Protection?

The server and workstations are in a AD not a workgroup...
Is there a workaround or do I miss something?
If you cannot see the computers in the Network tab go to Jobs tab and try to configure the job that discovers new computers.
Or you can check log directory, maybe there is a message that will help to find the problem
Quality is also a feature.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: No computer found..
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »
What version are you using? ADNM 4.8 or the new ABP / SMB or whatever it's called?

I just installed (haven't migrated everything yet) a new SBS 2011 server that is taking the place of a SBS 2003 server and I was hoping that because it's a 2008 core that nothing would go wrong except for the exchange plugins.

I hope you're trying the new beta stuff  :-\
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum