Author Topic: How to uninstall Avast!Free completely?  (Read 91567 times)

Dieselman

Re: How to uninstall Avast!Free completely?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
Tech..............Use Revo and get back to me. That is how you use Revo. If you don't know how a program works then don't bash it. If you reboot when the program tells you to then it cannot remove the left overs. Notice how hhtmp88 thanked me first. Your welcome.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
If you don't know how a program works then don't bash it.
For your concern, I have Revo installed in my computer and I use it. It's a great software. But it is not a panacea.
And definitively, avast uninstall tool does the better job.

Please, don't post here as the other are idiots.
I post about the software I use, test.

If you reboot when the program tells you to then it cannot remove the left overs.
I know how Revo works. But you does not seem to know how a program is programed to be removed after boot by itself (and Windows).

Notice how hhtmp88 thanked me first.
Proves how can bad advice make harm to not advanced users.
The best things in life are free.

Dieselman

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 05:16:01 PM »
So telling hhtmp88 how to get into safe mode is bad advice...............LOL. This is too much. Thanks.

Hermite15

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
Safe Mode is obtainable by repeatably tapping F8 as your pc first boots up. Safe Mode is not necessary to run the uninstaller tool.

Yes!
I can uninstall completely Avast!Free using the Uninstall Utility!
-> and now no warning message when starting Outlook2007.

Thanks Dieselman and all of you that giving help!

yeah, he basically thanked you for advising him to run the "avast" uninstall utility, no big deal ;D ::)

ps: and not revo :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
So telling hhtmp88 how to get into safe mode is bad advice...............LOL. This is too much. Thanks.
No, I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to you saying me that I'm posting about a program that I don't know or use.

If you don't know how a program works then don't bash it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
yeah, he basically thanked you for advising him to run the "avast" uninstall utility, no big deal ;D ::)
Logos, hhtmp88 received a bad advice:

When Avast asks to reboot or any other program just say no.

Hermite15

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
he just meant that in the case of using Revo, and there he's right >>> just to give Revo a chance to clean the remnants before rebooting ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »
he just meant that in the case of using Revo, and there he's right >>> just to give Revo a chance to clean the remnants before rebooting ;)
And if the user do that in the case of avast (and other antivirus/firewalls) he will have a worst uninstallation.
We all know how Revo works and he posted correctly how it works.
The case is that in avast uninstallation you need to boot.
Revo is not a panacea and it is a myth that he can uninstall any other application better than specialized tools.

Hermite15

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »
I never uninstalled Avast with Revo, I was just referring to the way it's meant to work. Again I didn't say "no reboot"... once Revo has done its job. This said as I've never tested it, I can't say how clean the process would be >>> after a reboot.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »
Again I didn't say "no reboot"... once Revo has done its job.
I'm not saying that you did that. He (Dieselman) did...

Hermite15

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
hmm Tech...

...When Avast asks to reboot or any other program just say no. Then click scan on Revo and remove what it finds. Then reboot.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
Sorry Logos. Missread your post.
Indeed my original thought was against using Revo to uninstall avast or not booting after uninstalling avast just to let Revo finishes its job.

Dieselman

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
This is why people need to read things thoroughly. I have used both actually as a test. It is completely safe to use Revo to uninstall Avast. When Avast says reboot just leave it sitting there or click no. Tons of programs say reboot now or later. Heck even Windows Update gives you the option to reboot now or later. I uninstalled NIS using Revo. It found more files and folders then the Norton Removal Tools. I never once said DO NOT REBOOT AT ALL. Even if you use the Avast uninstaller you will still find hidden folders left over.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
This is why people need to read things thoroughly.
And you need to watch your steps while posting.
I read perfectly your posts. You're posting misleading information from time to time.
Worse, you do not admit it and take an arrogant behavior.

I have used both actually as a test. It is completely safe to use Revo to uninstall Avast. When Avast says reboot just leave it sitting there or click no. Tons of programs say reboot now or later. Heck even Windows Update gives you the option to reboot now or later. I uninstalled NIS using Revo. It found more files and folders then the Norton Removal Tools. I never once said DO NOT REBOOT AT ALL. Even if you use the Avast uninstaller you will still find hidden folders left over.
You continue to push your bad advice! And you mix truth and lies/myths confusing the final user.
I'm not talking about reboot at all. You're misinterpreting my posts.
avast uninstaller does a better job than Revo.

QuestMajor

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:15 AM »
When I finished downloaded the "avastclear" then I boot into safe mode, but still, an error window appeared saying : "The avast! self protection module is enabled. For this reason, the operation cannot be completed"  ---- When I open avast antivurus to disable that module, the avast suddenly closed, when i open it again, it suddenly closed again... I was able to uncheck the "enable self-protect module" but when avast! closes, that module is enabled again. PLEASE, HELP ME! What should I do? I need to uninstall Avast! as soon as possible. Please reply IMMEDIATELY!!
Thank You Very Much. :-* :-*

Note:
---Our Avast! program is already expired---