Author Topic: UNIDRV.DLL being detected as Win32:Malware-Gen  (Read 25696 times)

Andrew71

Re: UNIDRV.DLL being detected as Win32:Malware-Gen
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »
Is it possible in the ADNM to roll avast back to use a previous virus signature database?  I've considered replacing unidrv.dll with a different version but don't really want to change all of our workstations.

Fonz_Valo

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »
I've just received a message from avosec support stating the update fix will be released within the next hour and a half  ;D

Waterfiets

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
Is there any news about the update already?

lonetree

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 02:14:16 PM »
How soon will this patch be out, I have just got more than 10 users from a few different clients of mine whom I have installed Avast on their computers. Some of them are new customers, you can imagine how embarrassing it will be on me to face them as I have pushed very hard for them to accept Avast.

Anyway, will the definition patch be able to restore the UNIDRV.DLL back or will administrator have to manually restore them / reinstall printer?

I have a mixture 4.8 /5.x and 6/x stand alone version. If I have to do manually restoration, I can't imagine how I am going to split myself tomorrow when the day start.

Wasn't there any testing done at the lab before new definition files are roll out?

Thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
It's out already.

G999_Prato

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
Same problem here.. we have about 20 computers in the same situation... its a big trouble !!! I think its related with last VPS update because computer with old version dont have the problem since i update the vps to the last one....

hope that solve the problem asap... however is not real virus attacj but something related to avast engine !!!

This kind of problems are very very dangerous, infact i started thinking about which is the problem in my lan since i have firewall, antivirus on mail server and also proxy server, and the computer "infected" cannot surf on web.. so... now i m sure we are ok its only avast bug !!!

lonetree

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »
Same problem here.. we have about 20 computers in the same situation... its a big trouble !!! I think its related with last VPS update because computer with old version dont have the problem since i update the vps to the last one....

hope that solve the problem asap... however is not real virus attacj but something related to avast engine !!!

This kind of problems are very very dangerous, infact i started thinking about which is the problem in my lan since i have firewall, antivirus on mail server and also proxy server, and the computer "infected" cannot surf on web.. so... now i m sure we are ok its only avast bug !!!

Same here, it didn't cross my mind that Avast is the culprit and I started troubleshooting on some other software updates etc. even check on firewall, gateway, and even restarted all printers and reinstall printer drivers on several machine, all came to no outcome.

This is the 2nd time I encounter with Avast FP. If this carry on, I guess I would loose my job and customer might turn to other AV and kick me out of their office.

rather upset over this matter especially when it actually attacked one of my big client.

Now that it is reported as "out already" it was not mentioned if this fix would restore everything in order or I have to re-install anything.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:29:14 PM by lonetree »

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
Sorry IGOR if it is out it is not working

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
Which means what, exactly?
You don't see any new update, or you do, but it still detects the file for you after updating?

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
Our whole office is still down, I am using Inrenet security and the others just antivirus version 5 and 4.

I have done the update 110410-1, it still not printing. I go into the virus valt and restore Unidriv and as soon as I try print it puts it back into the vault

Fonz_Valo

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »
Hi again,

the update has now been deployed to all of our clients through ADNM and our users can now print again.

Thank you for the fix

lonetree

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
Igor,

can you give an indication if affected systems need to reinstall printer driver or restore UNIDRV.DLL?

Thanks

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
Our whole office is still down, I am using Inrenet security and the others just antivirus version 5 and 4.

I have done the update 110410-1, it still not printing. I go into the virus valt and restore Unidriv and as soon as I try print it puts it back into the vault

Hello,
send the file to virus@avast.com and put "False positive" to subject, please.

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
Milos

I have already this morning. Please reply to Lonetree post
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:07:39 PM by eddy.begood »

Deyvid

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
With the new VPS update it's solved.