Author Topic: MBAM Cleaned infections but more came back - am i istill infected?  (Read 2193 times)

Stang

I have been cleaning up a very old PC and updating to current XP SP3.  I ran Avast (free) and MBAM and they showed clean.  I updated some more windows updates and deleted a lot of old programs and MBAM showed more problems.  Also, on a silly note, the tool bar (Language Bar) keeps coming back after I turned it off ..... my question is do I still have infection issues?  I will attach OTS log and MBAM before (with issues) and after (clean)

Thanks

OTS log is big.... it will come in two pieces
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:08:36 AM by Stang »

Stang

Re: MBAM Cleaned infections but more came back - am i istill infected?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:49 AM »
OTS Part 2

EDIT: One other symptom I had in cleaning up this PC was a missing NTLDR file after I uninstalled several programs, and I was unable to boot.  I found a fix, recreated the missing files and it seemed OK except for the mystery infections that were cleaned and came back.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:03:45 AM by Stang »

ANHTHU5991

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 05:28:31 AM »
ERROR "NTLDR IS MISSING" may occur if the basic input/output system (BIOS) on your computer is outdated, or if one or more of the following Windows boot files are missing or damaged:
Ntldr
Ntdetect.com
Boot.ini
how do you turn off your language bar?

Stang

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:59 AM »
Thanks .... I am aware of the BIOS potential issue but the problem seems to be one of the many programs that I uninstalled deleted boot.ini, NTLDR and NTdetect.com.   I replaced them and that part seems fixed for now.

For the language bar I 'right click' on the bar and uncheck the language bar. It comes back.  I was just reading another fix that said to turn it off via the control panel.   I will try that.

Thanks

I still need someone to interpret my logs and see if I still have issues..... thanks
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:55:22 PM by Stang »

ANHTHU5991

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 05:40:17 AM »
no problem :)
i used to have the same problem after removing a virus. After fixing, no more problem happens.
you can go to region and language function to change