Author Topic: avast free let Win 7 Anti virus in and doesn't recognize it as a virus in scans  (Read 6639 times)

_LA_

One of my user profiles is infected with Win 7 Antivirus virus. Did everything including a boot scan, and Avast doesn't seem to recognize it. I can log in under my other 'user' but the three online fixes I've found for this darned virus so far have NOT worked. Win 7 ignores Avast, it seems. Is there a way to 'make' Avast Free recognize and get rid of this virus?? I don't know its file name(s) or anything..help!!

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
How do you know you have this infection?
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
Follow this guide here:

Click
Free MBAM Clear

_LA_

hahahaha!!

fake 'warning' screens pop up all over the place and my internet has been hijacked, I can't get to pretty much any websites without getting a big screen telling me I have to 'buy' the full version of win 7 antivirus now...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
Follow guide above.
Free MBAM Clear

_LA_

that is one of the things I tried..it prompts to download a non-free program and I have no money anywhere right now. I was hoping AVast would take care of it!! Why can't Avast recognize it??

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
There is no non-free prog involved.

Anyway, download MBAM from my signature (free).
Install it.
Run it, update via it's GUI.
Perform a quick scan.
Have items it finds deleted by MBAM.

Post log here.

Thanks.

Why can't Avast recognize it??

Because those things are rogue programs, not viruses. As such they can be altered very, very easyly and thus change their digital signature very frequently.
No AV protects 100% at all times - a little brain-usage on the user side would have prevented this.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:15:43 PM by Zyndstoff »
Free MBAM Clear

_LA_

brain usage in what way? what would have prevented it?

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62

For those kinds of progs it is usually necessary for the user to take some clicking action.
But nevermind, it might also be a drive-by infect. Don't let us argue, but get on with it, shall we?

Did you run MBAM?
Free MBAM Clear

Dieselman

90% of malware infections are caused by the user behind the mouse.

Joe S

Open the task manager kill your browser there and reboot system. Clicking on the Red X in popup can even start it.
Joe

Dieselman

A simple keyboard click is all you need. Press Alt+F4 together.

area51

1. download malware bytes.
2. update both malware bytes and avast!
3. run another scheduale boot scan with avast!, then run a full scan with malware bytes, if this doesnt fix the issue, go to 4.
4. go to run > cmd > type "tasklist" , copy all the output from the cmd and post it here.
5. and please watch out when you surf, if you have to enter into dangerous sites, use a sandbox (like the software sandboxie).

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
1. download malware bytes.
2. update both malware bytes and avast!
3. run another scheduale boot scan with avast!, then run a full scan with malware bytes, if this doesnt fix the issue, go to 4.
4. go to run > cmd > type "tasklist" , copy all the output from the cmd and post it here.
5. and please watch out when you surf, if you have to enter into dangerous sites, use a sandbox (like the software sandboxie).

What is the deeper sense of this post - he has been advised to do this already and chosen to not reappear.
Free MBAM Clear

area51

What is the deeper sense of this post - he has been advised to do this already and chosen to not reappear.
1. i told him to install mbam and then to perform a FULL scan.
2. while reading all the posts, i haven't noticed that you already told him to download this software.
3. give this guy some time..
4. and i wrote some more guideliness which you didn't even gave him. my post is much more different than yours.