Author Topic: avast free let Win 7 Anti virus in and doesn't recognize it as a virus in scans  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
1. i told him to install mbam and then to perform a FULL scan.
Why the full scan ?

Dieselman

Why not a full scan. Nothing wrong with it.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Nothing wrong but not necessary

_LA_

Not ignoring you, promise. Got behind on online stuff w/the comp issues but realized that my other login on the computer is ok - only the one login was infected (looks like th eprogram embedded in that one user profile).

Am assuming one of the kids clicked something to download it in the first place, but it popped up the second I clicked a good link so that was kind of weird.

I downloaded a free trial of Norton and it seems to have kille dhte virus - buit now I seem to have missing files so I can't, for instance, get online in that profile anymore anyway. A friend reminded me about using restore point, which I'd done for a problem a little while back - seeing as I haven't done much on the comp since this issue started, I think I might do that.  Any reasons you can think of that that wouldn't work?

Dieselman

Did you install Norton on top of Avast? The reason you cannot connect is that most malware will re-direct you to there proxy server. You can fix this by going into internet options\connections\LAN settings and be sure proxy is not selected. If so uncheck it and select "automatically detect settings".