Author Topic: Random shut down problem [Solved]  (Read 6802 times)

Offline gautam7

Re: Random shut down problem
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
I don't think this has anything to do wiith Avast as i recently had the same problem but with me it was when my machine started up. With me there was a corrupt system file. Check yours through command prompt.

Thanks justinlee you got it right when i scanned it said it found corrupt file and successfully repaired them. Now i just have to monitor the behavior for some days. But i don't know what corrupt file it repaired because when i tried to open the log file in c:\windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log it says "access denied". Anybody knows how to open the log file.

Finally thank you everyone for your time and concern.
Have a nice day/night.   
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 04:06:45 PM »
Go to Start and type 'hidden' in the search box. Click on 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once the folder option window opens click on 'Show hidden files, folder or drives' and also untick 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Click 'Apply' then 'OK'

Now open the log folder as an Administrator and you may now be able to view those log files.

**Just remember once finshed to hide those folders once again!!**
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1,
Intel Core i5-2410M @2.30GHz, 6GB RAM
AvastFree Antivirus & ZoneAlarm Free.

Offline gautam7

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Thanks justinlee following your suggestion i was able to open the log file but all the log are from 27/04/2011 onwards so i lost the the scan log of earlier date. but no problem my problem has gone its working perfectly. Again thanks for your advice to scan corrupt system file. Everything is fine now.  ;D

with regards
Gautam
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

harryjamesuk

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
Can You Run Into Safe Mode? Try By Pressing F8 And Keep Pressing It Until You Get A Menu Saying:

Start Windows Normally
Run In Safe Mode
Run In Safe Mode With Networking
Etc... (Not In Order)

Click Run In Safe Mode With Networking. If Your Computer Gets Shut Down With Networking Try Running In Safe Mode Without Networking. If It Does Work With Networking Update Your Avast.

Schedule A Boot-Time Scan Now. See If It Finds Anything.

Good Luck!  :)

Offline gautam7

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
Thanks harry for ur suggestion but as u can see in my previous post my problem been solved. As for the boot scan i tried that before but it did not find any thing....... thanks again :D