Author Topic: Urgent Please!!!!  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Urgent Please!!!!
« on: April 14, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
Hi everyone today I tried to install newly released outpost firewall pro 7.5 beta 2. everything was OK it detected avast as my antivirus but suddenly outpost stopped working after reboot... I tried to uninstall it but i am unable to uninstall it. completely. I went to safe mode ran "clean.exe" file but nothing happened.. So in safe mode I deleted all program files and program data files and registry key. Also uninstalled the two driver I found to be outpost's.
Please people I am tried of searching web for solutions... I found people here knowledgeable than outpost's unofficial forum users...

Can anyone help or atleast give me the list of drivers outpost installs... I fear this problem is created by avast I don't know how but i just think....

Its urgent as now I dont have any firewall installed......
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Dieselman

Re: Urgent Please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
Why don't you try a system restore point prior to installing Outpost.

EdisnaecoIMVU

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »
System restore point is not available

@EdisnaecoIMVU
 the link you posted is of 2003 which I think is very old
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »
I mean the link is not applicable to 7.5 version

Dieselman

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
Did you disable System Restore? Why is it unavailable. Search Outpost's site for an uninstaller.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »
There has been alot of problem's with the new beta from outpost, ie blue screen's and a few other thing's so it is not avast related.
http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?26328-Public-Beta-2-ver.-7.5

Dieselman

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
Beta = Use at your own risk.

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »
Hi everyone today I tried to install newly released outpost firewall pro 7.5 beta 2. everything was OK it detected avast as my antivirus but suddenly outpost stopped working after reboot... I tried to uninstall it but i am unable to uninstall it. completely. I went to safe mode ran "clean.exe" file but nothing happened.. So in safe mode I deleted all program files and program data files and registry key. Also uninstalled the two driver I found to be outpost's.
Please people I am tried of searching web for solutions... I found people here knowledgeable than outpost's unofficial forum users...

Can anyone help or atleast give me the list of drivers outpost installs... I fear this problem is created by avast I don't know how but i just think....

Its urgent as now I dont have any firewall installed......

when you say "nothing happened" when you use clean.exe, i just want to be sure that you know that no interface or notification window pops up.. it just does its thing and then reboots automatically. what firewall do you want to install? i assume you want to go back to outpost 7.1, in that case, i would probably run clean.exe again in safe mode and just reinstall 7.1

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
All I can find is this http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/article.php?id=1000159&lang=en which is dated 18-01-2011 and it is for 6.0 and 7.0. Though you had mentioned that you used clean.exe already. There is a 32 and 64 bit version of this so make sure you have used the correct one.

You have not mentioned what problems you are having other than outpost has stopped working. Are we just to assume things here? Are you receiving errors?

I would search your registry and computer for both outpost and agnitum. You never know what it might be named. After deleting some of those file/folders that you mentioned ccleaner may help to get rid of any stray registry entries depending on what files were deleted.

You mention that you presently have no firewall. Can you not turn windows firewall on?

If you don't have an image backup I wouldn't recommend beta testing anything. I would never rely on a restore point as my only backup.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:36:39 PM by Charyb »

Hermite15

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »
a mod minds to move that to the general topic section? thanks... this has absolutely nothing to do here, or the Avast free/pro/suite section would get crowded with hundreds of posts relating either conflicts bertween Avast and another security product, or just like it's mainly the case here: an outpost firewall pro 7.5 beta 2 issue... that has hardly anything to do on these forums

>>>
http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/forum.php

Dieselman

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:27 PM »
Thank you Logos.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

pcclean3453

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »
Try uninstalling it on the website and using internet security avast! (paid) firewall or "un-update" to an earlier version of your firewall.