Author Topic: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 limited Pre-Release  (Read 56504 times)

Hermite15

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 limited Pre-Release
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
and guess what, reason why this thread can survive here is that SAS is not perceived by Avast as a competitor ;) ... many of us here use it (like mbam) as a secondary source of security info on a system and that's it, we live in a wonderful world and there's no reason to argue ;D

Dieselman

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:45 PM »
Well I started this thread so it can be locked. I already Revo'ed SAS.

SUPERAntiSpy

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
Well I started this thread so it can be locked. I already Revo'ed SAS.

Of course you did - that's what you do! I am here to help if anyone needs it!

Dieselman

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »
I would rather use MBAM,HMP and Emsisoft Emergency Kit over SAS. Thank you for your input. I have a business to run and customers to please. I cannot fart around with tools that MAY remove malware. I stopped using SAS years ago and this is why.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:41:38 PM by Dieselman »

SUPERAntiSpy

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »
I would rather use MBAM,HMP and Emsisoft Emergency Kit over SAS. Thank you for your input. I have a business to run and customers to please. I cannot fart around with tools that MAY remove malware.

Yes, like when you fixed a customers system with SUPERAntiSpyware and the others didn't, like that? LOL. Good luck out there!

Dieselman

« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2011, 11:43:44 PM »
I would rather use MBAM,HMP and Emsisoft Emergency Kit over SAS. Thank you for your input. I have a business to run and customers to please. I cannot fart around with tools that MAY remove malware.

Yes, like when you fixed a customers system with SUPERAntiSpyware and the others didn't, like that? LOL. Good luck out there!

That was 1 house call. 1. I bet your proud of those stats. I normally use my Kaspersky Recuse Disk. But I wanted to try SAS.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2011, 11:44:29 PM »
Dieselman why do you have to be so inflamatory to every one who expresses and opinion contrary to yours.  Superantispyware came here to answer any questions or queries - not to be slagged off... Or was that your intent.

As allready stated this is recommended here as a part of the layered security for a system.  There is nothing that will catch everything - End ..Of...Story  

So please wind your neck in

SUPERAntiSpy

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2011, 11:46:17 PM »

That was 1 house call. 1. I bet your proud of those stats.

Yep - so you got paid on that one instead of having another upset customer :) Glad we could help! One more happy user helped in the fight against malware! SUPERAntiSpyware made you look good to that customer!

Dieselman

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »
This is my thread essaxboy. Thank you. I didn't ask for SuperAntispy to come in here. I made this thread to inform our members that there was a new version of SAS. But it turns out that's its still the same old SAS. Just with some new looks.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »
Ah my apologies I did not know you owned this

SUPERAntiSpy

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
This is my thread essaxboy. Thank you. I didn't ask for SuperAntispy to come in here. I made this thread to inform our members that there was a new version of SAS. But it turns out that's its still the same old SAS. Just with some new looks.

Yep! Light, Effective and Powerful! Thanks Dieselman!

Hermite15

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »
@the OP (and nothing else but the OP) lol ::) once a thread has been started, and quite a few members posted in it, there's no such thing like "this is my thread" ... especially considering that you've been hijacking threads where Essexboy was already helping quite a few times now.

oups...  8)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2011, 12:03:35 AM »
@SUPERAntiSpy: I'm gonna test your product again!, you don't only fight malwares in computer, but you can fight malware-like users in web forums too ;D  *Thumbs up*
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »
Nick :)

Please don't be upset because of Dieselman.

There are many Avast! users who use SAS and we appreciate your input here. I am going to try the new version. Thank you :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Dch48

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
I have encountered more problems with this new version. I have to preface this by saying that on the original install, I installed it over v4.5 and it had a glitch when doing so. It appeared to go smoothly until the end when I clicked on finish and got the pop up about the setup encountering an error and needing to close. The program ran fine after that except for the fact that there was no right click context scan option showing.

I decided to uninstall SAS and reinstall v5 from scratch. I tried to follow my usual procedure of using CCleaner to uninstall it. I clicked to run the uninstaller and nothing happened. I tried to run it again and it said the file could not be found. I looked in the Program Files folder of SAS and the only thing that had been removed was the uninstaller itself. Everything else was still there and the SAS program still functioned fully. I ran the installer again and got the uninstaller back. I then attempted to manually run the uninstaller from the Program Files folder and once again, it only removed itself. I then double clicked on the uninstall file with the DOS box icon and voila, SAS was removed. After the required reboot, I ran CCleaner's registry cleaner followed by Auslogics and Registry Mechanic to make sure all traces were gone. (there were quite a few things left over).

After another reboot, I then downloaded the latest version of SAS 5 and installed it. This time there was no error at the end but, I'm sorry to say, there still is no context menu option for a scan. I still only have options for Avast!, MBAM, and 7-zip. There also is no mention of an uninstaller in the Program Menu folder.