Author Topic: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 limited Pre-Release  (Read 56049 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 limited Pre-Release
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
Yes I'm using cc cleaner.. But MBAM quick scan only takes about 10minutes, but the full scan takes more than an hour.. Still SAS quick scan shouldnt take thing long right?
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
Older version.. 4.5 I think.. ( the latest stable one)

okay, that's what I thought... you're aware that you're posting in a thread about the 5.0 new version right ;D

>>> again, quick scans take forever on 4.*

osants911

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
Imo, that's average scan speed for the stable one. :)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »

okay, that's what I thought... you're aware that you're posting in a thread about the 5.0 new version right ;D

>>> again, quick scans last forever on 4.*

Yes I'm aware.. but check reply #19.. Dieselman said that it takes about 10minutes.. and other people also compared the scan speeds in the 2 versions but mine is way too high right?
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »

Thank God!  ;D

osants911

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »

Thank God!  ;D

Yep!

my quick scan takes about 30 minutes to complete with version 4.5.
but with version 5, it only takes about 4 minutes. ;D

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »

my quick scan takes about 30 minutes to complete with version 4.5.
but with version 5, it only takes about 4 minutes. ;D
:o  :o  :o WOW! Cant wait for the stable release!!!

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »
It seems that the only thing SAS is better at than MBAM is finding cookies.
If you happen to not like cookies, then pick the cookie monster otherwise,
MBAM still does a better job of finding the stuff that's actually harming your system. IMHO.

Totally agree.. Sadly I bought SAS long ago.. If I had known much about it wouldnt have bought.. the free version is more than enough and it only detect cookies.. So many new spyware werent detected by it but MBAM detected pretty quickly  :)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
I hope they increased the speed.....

Dieselman

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

This post is about SAS 5 so telling us your scan times with SAS 4 is meaningless buddy. SAS 4 always took a long time to run quick scans. Thats another reason I stopped using it on house calls. Cant wait around for 20 minutes while it scans. Waiting for the portable version to add to my trusty toolkit.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
@Dieselman, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told logos   ;D

I posted here after seeing your post about comparing the scan speeds, you said it took 10minutes on V 4.5 and that it took less than 5mins on the newer one, and mine took 30-40mins so I got a bit worried..

Then Yodaosan told that its pretty normal so all's well now  ;D

Dieselman

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 03:12:34 PM »
LOL. Ok Drak my buddy. Scan speeds are greatly improved with SAS 5 so hopefully so is its detection rate. But I think its using the same definitions. I will see later. I have some rogues to remove. Run rkill then I will scan with SAS. Most of the time I just use my bootable cd cause its easier but I will give this a test.

YoKenny

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
For some reason it takes 30 - 40 minutes to finish a quick scan on my computer where as MBAM takes about 7minutes.. (This is version 4.5 I'm talking about)..
I don't use SAS but MBAM only takes a short time to do a Quick scan on my Windows 7 system
Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 167984
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Dieselman

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
So I just came back from making 3 house calls. Two of them were rogue infections and the other was a rootkit. The first rogue was terminated with rkill then I installed SAS and ran a scan. It found the rogue and removed it. Rebooted and scanned again with SAS and it was clean. I then ran a scan with MBAM and it found a registry key change. So SAS did pretty good. The next rogue was rather nasty. The fake MSE one. The pc was unbootable into Windows so I had to use my Kaspersky Rescue CD. After scanning with Kaspersky I was able to boot into Windows. I scanned with MBAM and it found nothing. I then scanned with SAS and it found a hidden Trojan. So the score is tied. Why not use both. One may find what the other does not. The next house call both SAS and MBAM found zero malware. When I opened Process Hacker I saw iexplorer.exe running when IE was not open. So I knew I had a rootkit calling home. So I scanned with TDDSKIller and removed it. Still found iexplorer.exe calling home by itself. Scanned with MBAM and SAS again and nothing found. So I scanned with HMP and it found the rootkit and successfully removed it.

SUPERAntiSpy

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 12:11:16 AM »
Thanks for the feedback - the bottom line is just as stated above - you need more than one solution - SUPERAntiSpyware will often find things MBAM (or others miss) just as MBAM (or others) will find things SUPERAntiSpyware misses - we receive over 30,000 samples per day - no one can catch everything and no one ever will.

So for those that say "MBAM is bad" or "SAS is bad" (because one found something the other didn't) should realize you need more than one product at all times - SUPERAntiSpyware + MBAM is a great combination and used by professionals worldwide.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:12:48 AM by SUPERAntiSpy »