Author Topic: !! NEW !! - Avast Pre-Release Version 6.0.1086  (Read 93390 times)

doktornotor

Re: !! NEW !! - Avast Pre-Release Version 6.0.1086
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
With all due respect to those still using XP, franking it is an outdated operating system regardless of which SP version you are on.
My computer is old, my internal hard drive is not big, I can't put any versions after XP. And I don't want to remove all the Music, pictures, files I have on it.
So if the AVAST staff can't resolve the windows XP / Windows Media Player 11 issues with AVAST 6, I will keep AVAST 5.1.889 until the VPS updates will be not available anymore for AVAST 5, then I will change the antivirus. Most of the antiviruses are Windows XP friendly. That will be not a disaster for me !

You know, there are tons of alternative media players better than the WMP bloatware.  ::) Such as MPC, MPC-HC, VLC and many others.

Offline rnuis

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »
My Spam Bar is gone in this NEW version i use outlook 2010 i've updated true the GUI , in the previous version it was there. Please help me

Try this:

Tools-TrustCenter-Add-ins-Com Add-ins and select Avast spam.

PS:I also had problems between Micorsot Outlook and AIS 6.0.1086.

Do i need too do this in Office??
Avast internet security 2015 10.0.2208 , MBAM 2.03 ,Firefox 33.03
Windows 8.1 Pro 32Bit

BarryB

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »
You cannot use CIS and Windows Firewall. Did you COMPLETELY uninstall CIS?

I've tried CIS and MS Security Essentials with Win7 Firewall enabled
Not recommended.
Which was your previous antivirus, before avast?
Did you uninstall MSE to install avast? Both will conflict, sooner or later.

Sorry, I'll clarify my statement:

CIS Antivirus only + Win7 Firewall = HTTP
MS Security Essentials + Win7 Firewall = HTTP
Avast + Win7 Firewall = No HTTP

Sorry for the confusing post!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
Avast + Win7 Firewall = No HTTP
This is completely "impossible" by itself.
avast free is an antivirus only and works perfectly with any Windows firewall.
In these cases, the problems is always remains of older antivirus or firewall installed and bad uninstalled.
You need to "clean" your system from other antivirus and firewalls.
The best things in life are free.

Offline avragorn

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
With all due respect to those still using XP, franking it is an outdated operating system regardless of which SP version you are on.
My computer is old, my internal hard drive is not big, I can't put any versions after XP. And I don't want to remove all the Music, pictures, files I have on it.
So if the AVAST staff can't resolve the windows XP / Windows Media Player 11 issues with AVAST 6, I will keep AVAST 5.1.889 until the VPS updates will be not available anymore for AVAST 5, then I will change the antivirus. Most of the antiviruses are Windows XP friendly. That will be not a disaster for me !

You know, there are tons of alternative media players better than the WMP bloatware.  ::) Such as MPC, MPC-HC, VLC and many others.

I know but I have almost 90-100 gb of Music in my WMP library. I don't want to waste 1 or 2 weeks to move everything to another Media Player.
My configuration : Windows 7 Premium - INTEL I5 2500K - NVIDIA/MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb - AVAST FREE EDITION 22.5.6015

doktornotor

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
I know but I have almost 90-100 gb of Music in my WMP library. I don't want to waste 1 or 2 weeks to move everything to another Media Player.

Why would you move anything? You just double-click the file to open/play. Anyway, back on topic here, there is another thread for those who cannot live with a WMP with a red skin.  :P

Hermite15

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »

move what ??? there's nothing to move. Just chose your default player and you're done ::) ... what could take some time is the re-organizing of playlists etc...

Nesivos

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2011, 11:12:18 PM »

What does your response have to do with Windows XP being an outdated operating system?

Answer: Nothing :)

Cheers

Nesivos

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2011, 11:15:06 PM »

If you have only 1GM RAM on your current computer you may not be able to upgrade to W7 SP1 HP.

That is a bummer. 

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:16:53 PM by Nesivos »

sded

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2011, 11:17:24 PM »
Updated from Pro to AIS to check out that version.  Still need to do a complete uninstall and reconfiguration from scratch. Shouldn't be necessary.  About time for Avast! to invest in 1) a smarter installer, so versions can be installed over each other when someone does an upgrade. (or even downgrade). 2) A way to save and restore a configuration, even if separate for each version.  

Hermite15

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »
Updated from Pro to AIS to check out that version.  Still need to do a complete uninstall and reconfiguration from scratch. Shouldn't be necessary.  About time for Avast! to invest in 1) a smarter installer, so versions can be installed over each other when someone does an upgrade. (or even downgrade). 2) A way to save and restore a configuration, even if separate for each version.  

??? you can't upgrade from pro to ais without uninstalling and re-installing? ...didn't know that... must be more than a matter of adding features involved... I guess they prevented that for piracy concerns... just a guess

edit: what happens when you still attempt to do it? error message? message that versions don't match?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »
You can upgrade from Pro to AIS: just add the new license key file.
The best things in life are free.

sded

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »
When you try to upgrade from Pro to AIS in 1086, there is no way to do it.  You have two choices from the installer if you already have Pro installed-Add more Pro features or uninstall.  The firewall is not listed as an option.  I had Pro installed with an AIS license to start.  Tried it twice with same result.  In the past there have also been problems installing AIS without the firewall, and trying to add it later.  I have previously posted a whole litany of problems with this type of reconfiguration-may work once, but not regularly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:45:40 PM by sded »

Hermite15

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:02 PM »
You can upgrade from Pro to AIS: just add the new license key file.

well that's what I thought so far... new components get downloaded as soon as the new license is provided... just forgot about that as I never installed the pro version, so I just commented sded's post with some surprise...

Hermite15

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »
When you try to upgrade from Pro to AIS in 1098, there is no way to do it.  You have two choices from the installer if you already have Pro installed-Add more Pro features or uninstall.  The firewall is not listed as an option.  I had Pro installed with an AIS license to start.  Tried it twice with same result.

oh okay so the issue is just in the context of a build version change

ps: 1086 ;)