Author Topic: Avast 4.1 Pro? Bug or False Detection? Win32:Trojano-351  (Read 11577 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Avast 4.1 Pro? Bug or False Detection? Win32:Trojano-351
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2004, 12:33:36 AM »
Yes Technical is completely right. Who gives him right to send that file, infected or not, doesn't matter, to someone's personal address ? He should ask first if he doesn't know what should he do... or simple send it to virus@avast.com as technical mentioned above...

And, his language... well, I remember some people got  censured because of even smaller curses...

Bottom line, what did he find offensive in my post ? Did I say anything against him ? See here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8402

If someone find even his name somewhere among the lines, I'll apologize, otherwise I expect apology from him >:(
I didn't even bother to see whose post is that one which made those trojan problems...

I am here to help to others if I can, as always... that means, if I see something that is alarming, my duty is to alarm my friends, avast! users and forum members - which I did, right on time.

matthew - if you have problems with that, just try to ignore my posts in the future... ok ?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 12:37:13 AM by S.Z.C »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 12:48:22 AM »
I am here to help to others if I can, as always... that means, if I see something that is alarming, my duty is to alarm my friends, avast! users and forum members - which I did, right on time.

Thanks for sending the alarm... I think it was another thing, an infected email, start 'fighting' against it... lose time... and Alwil confirms it's not a false alarm  >:(
The best things in life are free.

Negeltu

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2004, 04:13:39 AM »
Well, I don't care much for the guys posts... but I remember some members getting away with the same "foul" language...and they are posting in this thread.  They got away with it multiple times just because they are a long time member.  :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2004, 12:52:51 PM »
Well, the difference is, those members are warned once and never again repeated that "foul" language.

Learn on other's mistakes... or even on your own.

I still don't believe eny of members that posted in this thread is an Angel.. When I say any, I mean it... let's not pretend to much...  ;)

No one ever "got away" like you said... no excuses of course... want me to show you PMs from moderators ? Well, that's not gonna be necessary. They know what I'm talking about...

And by the way, you are long time member as well... although not so many posts. Of course that doesn't matter, because I know that you helped so many times. That's what counts... but... but, you never said any single word to me before, that tells me you don't like me so much. I don't care... it's not my problem, I can not make everyone likes me... I keep going, like always...

Cheers happy people !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 01:52:10 PM by S.Z.C »

lee16

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 01:03:30 PM »
I still don't believe eny of members that posted in this thread is an Angel.. When I say any, I mean it... let's not pretend to much..

i agree

--lee

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 01:05:07 PM »
Let it rest peoples. This has nothing to do with the topic and doesn't belong in this forum and if you ask me even not on this board.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2004, 01:27:23 PM »
Yeah Eddy is right, so let it go... I'm sure we will see so many threads like this one in the future (unfortunately).

The truth is, no one is Angel, everybody curses, there is no excuses, but we really should watch our language used in here, 'cause I'm sure there is so many young members reading posts in these forums.

I made mistakes as many others, I admit it (although I used abbreviations), but after moderator warned me, I will not repeat my mistake twice.

Let's stay best forum ever...

iwannet

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2004, 02:54:35 PM »
I just had a look at the source code of the page iwannet posted.

That page redirects to http://public.searchbar****.com. That is one of the pages responsible for spreading the Blazefind adware. So it is perfectly understandable why Avast would react on it. (I ofcourse have put the *'s there, to avoid people from going there)

You're right. I use "adMuncher" for banner blocker. And every html loaded, they change some code from banner/ads. So, the browser doesnt show those banner.

But, i am sure the problem on STRING that came from the forum i've posted before..  I shutdown "AdMuncher" temporary  clearing cookies, temporary, cache. And reload that link. And the problem still occurs. But, i dont know (still confusing)? The problem didnt happen again right now ::)

Now,  I am using Outpost Firewall, for banner blocke. Not AdMuncher anymore  ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 02:57:49 PM by iwannet »