Author Topic: Hardware Freeware  (Read 2872 times)

Jack421

Hardware Freeware
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
I need to check the current Hardware to see if any hardware on my laptop has any damage to it, can anyone recommend some good freeware for this checkup! I had recently run into rain problem with my laptop in my back pack and want to run a full diagnostic to make sure all hardware components are working. I want to know if something is not showing up visually to me that might be broken so I can get it replaced! Would I know if some circuits on the mother board were fried, any help in this check up is much appreciated! The back pack was closed it was a light drizzle I ask because afterward my battery appears to have died! A lot people say I can only tell hardware damage by opening my laptop, unfortunately I find it hard to get to mother board on this one and find it only easy to get to memory and Hard drive!

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Hardware Freeware
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
Which laptop do you use?

Generally, diagnostics can be done before booting into windows. For example, on DELL, if you hit F12, it takes you to hardware diagnostics area. So check out if your laptop has such a thing.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
Dell has a hardware checkup tool.
I think HP has one too.
Which is your laptop manufacturer?

Edited... nmb was faster.
The best things in life are free.

Jack421

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »
Compaq Presario F 761US Notebook PC

Jack421

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »
Dell has a hardware checkup tool.
I think HP has one too.
Which is your laptop manufacturer?

Edited... nmb was faster.

I can't get HP advisor to work I am wondering what this error message means could this be a hardware issue? How can I know?

at system.Management.ManagementException.ThrowwithExtendedInfo(ManagemnetStatu serrorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.Mov eNext()

At HPAdvisor.Common.SystemStatus.HpPrinters.Initialize()

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Jack421

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
Yes I have posted on this before but am adding these Sandra reports to see if my hardware is ok! Recently my battery had died after having been in a light drizzle with my laptop in my backpack no water seemed heavily in the backpack but it was moist! I am checking to see if all hardware is ok and not possibly contaminated with water damage. I may take it later to be inspected by a repair shop! I am mostly worried about the condition of the mother board and hard drive! Hard drive seems ok, but I get message 10008 replace hard disk when doing a diagnostic from bios but HD tune and all other software diagnostics from windows read that its in perfect health and normal! Shocked