Author Topic: Impossible to download the Russian version  (Read 2513 times)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Impossible to download the Russian version
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
I'm sorry but it is impossible to download the Russian version of Avast Free from the official site. When you click to download it, a window shows with the suggestion to upgraid for the paid versions. If you click the button to refuse, nothing happens. If you try to close the window, it doesn't close. Only if you click the blue button and accepts the suggestion, you can procede. But I don't need any paid versions!

BTW, you should correct the inscriptions on the buttons: you have missed one letter and one punctuation mark.

1) In the blue button: "Да, я хочу сделать апгрейд" (You missed letter "г" in the last word.)
2) In the grey button: "Нет, спасибо, я предпочитаю бесплатную защиту" (You missed the comma after the first word.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:27:06 AM by George Yves »
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Impossible to download the Russian version
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:44 AM »
Are you using the MVPS hosts file?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Re: Impossible to download the Russian version
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
Are you using the MVPS hosts file?
No. I haven't even heard about MVPS hosts file. I personally upgrade my copy of Avast from GUI but one user in Russian sub-forum said he couldn't download v.6.0.1000 from the official site. At that time I thought it was a temporary glitch and I gave him the links to download from Softportal.ru. But now I wanted to give Russian installation file to one of my friends and couldn't download it. I have to download a multilingual file from the direct links in your post about v.6.0.1091.

My system: Vista Home Basic SP2 32-bit; browser Firefox 3.6.16
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:36:49 PM by George Yves »
May the FOSS be with you!