Author Topic: AutoSandbox Test Tool  (Read 152728 times)

Libra

Re: AutoSandbox Test Tool
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
I used the AutoSandbox Test Tool on my Vista sp2 computer.  It worked as it should.  I had to first click on the file to run it and then got a prompt from the computer asking if I wanted to run it (saying something couldn't be verified) and then Avast popped up recommending I run it in the sandbox, which I did.

I was thinking of trying to install a coupon printer .exe which I DO NOT want on my computer, but I'm reluctant since I don't know if Avast will pop up or not to run it in the sandbox.  Is there any way to be sure of this?

I am running the free Avast and the setting has the sandbox enabled and it is set to ask (I noticed that I had set it to auto, but it changed back to ask - I'm assuming maybe that is for the pro version?)

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »
No, sorry, there is no way.
The full manual sandbox functionality is only in the Professional and IS version of avast!.

Libra

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2011, 04:00:04 AM »
Thank you igor for your reply.

Sincerely, Libra

Offline sooners2win

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2011, 07:05:28 AM »
Comodo got it, I have autosandbox turned off....I may turn off on comodo and
try the avast sandbox though
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.

Libra

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2011, 09:39:40 PM »
Thank you.  Unfortunately I won't go near Comodo.  They purchased BoClean and proceeded to treat it's developer very shabbily instead of doing what they agreed to. 

Sincerely, Libra

rysiu

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
Is it possible to implement sandboxie feature to context menu? Like you click right mouse button on file and there you can use option "open with sandbox"

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
That's already implemented, of course - but you need avast! Pro or IS.

pcclean3453

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
I got a question about the test tool. Do you have to delete it from the registry immediately or can it stay there?

Regards,
                    Pcclean3453

kariuro

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »
seems to work fine here.  :)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
I have to say that the Test Tool is very handy for explaining users the AutoSandbox. Although I noticed that for some users the AutoSandbox can be complicated.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

NTxLS

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
For whatever it may be worth, "For the BEST protection with all of their SandBox and other settings this Avast! 6.0.1125 is the very BEST, IMHO."

Vlk,

Just ran your little test program and Avast! 6 did what it was designed for, except should not the box that shows "Avast auosandbox" say "Attempted Modification of the System" instead of "Modify the system!" when nothing has really taken place?  Plus the keeping those two windows open and on top so you may follow to the locations to verify they are not modified is also good.

emel

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »
i have downloaded the tool into my PC. so after running the exe file, what indicates avast is  working properly when this sandbox test tool is used?
i am  blind and using XP with jaws10,  which is 2 versions older than what the sandbox is built for.

emel

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
just to clarify my previous query:
if i run the test tool and sandbox is triggered, then find my screen reader cannot read anything [silent in the sandbox environment] how do i terminate the test? is there any button outside the sandbox that i can use to terminate the test? [a STOP BUTTON outside the sandbox i presume can be read and used by my screen reader?]
thanks
emel

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »
Click ok after clicking Modify my System and the process gets terminated itself
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

emel

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 03:33:29 AM »
thank you  :) so the OK button can terminate the test?