Author Topic: AutoSandbox Test Tool  (Read 152730 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AutoSandbox Test Tool
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
Snap, XP Pro SP3, avast 7.0.1464 beta.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

philip brampton

« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »
You usually have a sensible opinion.
Surely you are not lost for words this time.
Philip

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
Hmm, seems it's not compatible with XP. :(
Will be checked.

philip brampton

« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
looks like it.
Works perfectly with Windows 7.
Back to the drawing board

ivory888

« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
I downloaded autosandbox.me, clicked on it, on which the following window appeared:

"Modify the system."

DBenjamin85

« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2012, 12:23:24 PM »
I figured it would be best to post in this topic and not start a brand new thread to clutter the forum up to get a question answered. 

I noticed that since using an older version of the autosandbox tool (and it not working, due to compatibility issues which have been stated), it basically succeeded in making changes.  In my items that start up from boot up there appears to be something related to the autosandboxtest tool which I'm not sure how to get rid of (or anything from that boot list for that matter).

Is there a way to get rid of autosandboxtest off my computer entirely?  It seems to be lingering.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2012, 01:53:40 AM »
I noticed that since using an older version of the autosandbox tool.
Is there a way to get rid of autosandboxtest off my computer entirely? 

Did you use the original autosandboxme or the new one http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76650.msg825680#msg825680:)

If all else fails uninstall using safe mode.  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:56:40 AM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

DBenjamin85

« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »
I noticed that since using an older version of the autosandbox tool.
Is there a way to get rid of autosandboxtest off my computer entirely? 

Did you use the original autosandboxme or the new one http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76650.msg825680#msg825680:)

If all else fails uninstall using safe mode.  :)

I use the original tool and then realized there was an updated version, the old version didn't work on win7 so it basically told me it had made a change to my registry and left that little text thing near the documents folder saying it hadn't worked. 

I don't understand what you meant by uninstall in safe mode if you mean AIS I've actually reinstalled it since using the autosandbox test tool, the fact is there is still a boot program (currently unticked to boot on startup) which says it's the autosandbox tool.  Or did you mean uninstall the autosandbox tool?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2012, 02:18:56 AM »
The autosandbox tool.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

DBenjamin85

« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:46 AM »
The autosandbox tool.  :)

I'm not really following how this would fix the issue of what the autosandbox test tool has done to my registry, there is from what I know nothing wrong with the autosandbox itself.  I was noting the fact that in my boot up programs along with things like my OS, Messenger etc there is an autosandboxtest that I can't seem to get rid of.  I was showing a tech my boot list when we noticed it, I assumed that the autosandboxtest was completely safe... yet it seems to be left on my boot program list in msconfig lol.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
How did the tool get into your "boot list"? I keep the autosandboxme2 tool in my downloads. All I do is Control Panel>Downloads>double click the tool. It never leaves my downloads folder. It should not affect the registry in
a negative way. Have you used CCleaner to clean/fix your registry? http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
CCleaner is completely safe to use.

I just can't understand how it got to your "boot list".  ???

Online NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »
Maybe he wants to state about "start-up" list in msconfig. First autosandbox.exe adds an entry into it.

@ DBenjamin85
The entry added by autosandbox.exe is completely inert, it has no bad effect even if it remains.
You have to use some 3rd-party tools like CCleaner to delete it though.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

DBenjamin85

« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
Maybe he wants to state about "start-up" list in msconfig. First autosandbox.exe adds an entry into it.

@ DBenjamin85
The entry added by autosandbox.exe is completely inert, it has no bad effect even if it remains.
You have to use some 3rd-party tools like CCleaner to delete it though.

Sorry that was what I meant, thank you NON, I meant the start-up list and am glad that is what that is.  I'll do a clean a bit later, that or I'll go ahead with a format anyway which I was going to do already.