Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219530 times)

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 07:02:58 AM »
I've not actually used safezone in anger yet - but it doesn't seem to allow import of bookmarks.

You can import your bookmarks from other browsers over the options menu.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
1. I wish a way to fully upgrade Firefox addons with the browser sandboxed.
This is the major con to use Firefox sandboxed. I need to reduce protection - without using the sandbox - due to this.

2. I wish some extensions could be eligible for SafeZone, otherwise it's not comfortable to use it. The browser experience is deeply depressed.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
1. A DNS server of avast wont't be bad at all. You can add also some new features not available today (kind of parental control over DNS, for instance).
2. Password manager (by the way, Vlk promised it will be a new product for this ;)) and calculator for SafeZone are must have.
The best things in life are free.

MAG

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
I've not actually used safezone in anger yet - but it doesn't seem to allow import of bookmarks.

DJBone
Thanks - I'd already tried to import my firefox bookmarks via Bookmarks manager and via options/personal stuff - no success.

The latter approach has worked for my IE9 bookmarks though.

The_ChamP

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
can we suggest features for auto sandbox too ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »
I don't believe so as the topic title doesn't specifically mention it and the Sandbox/SafeZone are components of the Paid Pro/AIS versions.

There has to be a difference in the free Vs paid versions. So the autosandbox is likely to be just that auto and pre-defined.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »

yes - both components are closely related, autosandbox/safezone are based on sandbox component only with some pre-defined settings

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
Thanks for the clarification pk.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »

yes - both components are closely related, autosandbox/safezone are based on sandbox component only with some pre-defined settings

Thanks, Petr..!
Good to know. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Harikrishnan

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
   I think there is no significant advantage with auto sandbox.Yes,it runs suspected programs in isolation and thus avoids some threats. Think, u have a document converting program and avast prompt u to run it in auto sandbox; u can't save anything created using the program and so there is only one option ,remove the program if u think that is really infected. :(

Avast doesn't show anything about whether a program is harmful or not after running it in auto sandbox. It will be nice if it is possible to add a program automatically to auto sandbox exclusion list if it finds nothing harmful while running it in auto sandbox. Otherwise avast will prompt to run the program in auto sandbox every time we open that program(harmful/not).  ???

bjgood

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »
Hello,
Since I run Firefox 4 and the option to "Show tags in the titles of windows created by virtualized applications" is not supported in Avast at present, I would like to see some other indication that my browser is sandboxed...maybe change Avast's tray icon to a different color, for instance, would be nice. Just so you'll know, I don't like the red border around the window. In Sandboxie I disable the border color and relied upon the tray icon to show when the sandbox is activated.

Thank you.

Bob

slare

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
As being a paid user of AIS would it be possible to allow if chosen allow all the programs you download to people put into the sandbox if you wanted it to?

Thanks - slare

Offline gautam7

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Hi Pk, I have been  doing some testing of autosandbox in the current version of avast free and found that its not triggering any alert (except one) against some patch downloaded from torrent. These patch are considered as dangerous by about half the scanner of virus total (but not by avast). I am not complaining that avast is not detecting those patch as virus. But i strongly believe those patch should trigger autosandbox alert. I am just forwarding the information so that if there is some problem then it should be rectified in version 7. Please take a look in the topic

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=79315.0

Thanks
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

The_ChamP

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
Can we get a bar in the autosandbox pop up which shows red for high risk , orange for medium and yellow for low
coz many would not read whats written in the popup and just press ok...but if there is a big red bar then they will definately notice it

rronaldson

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:36 PM »

DJBone

I'm a new user to Avast Internet Security so I'm not sure if this is the right place to comment but I can't get the import of Firefox, my default browser, to SafeZone to work. I click the button but it doesn't import the bookmarks. Where is the Options menu DJBone? Thanks.