Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219535 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
@ angelmar
To start with that would be very complex, as you aren't browsing using the safezone browser, but your default browser and that is running outside of the safezone. So it wouldn't be possible to A) import that browser and current session into the safezone or B) transfer the information about your current session into the safezone and the safezone browser.

Unfortunately even if that were possible that would defeat the purpose of the safezone, as it isolated completely from the existing system. The more exceptions you have of importing settings of applications into the safe zone, the less protection it would give.

Essentially the safezone would be used for on-line banking or for confidential or sensitive sites.

So you could elect to run your default browser in the avast Sandbox, which would provide more protection for your system than using your browser as normal. I don't know if that would greatly improve overall browsing security, but you are still protected by the Web Shield and the Network Shield.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AaLF

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2011, 11:39:13 PM »
The Sandbox needs to keep control of the downloaded file instead of automatically releasing it into the PC.  When file is "download complete" the Sandbox should keep it contained.  So I can open it in the sandbox or I decide to release it into the PC.

The best thing Avast can do is get hold of Sandboxie & replicate it.

gdiloren

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
The Sandbox needs to keep control of the downloaded file instead of automatically releasing it into the PC.  When file is "download complete" the Sandbox should keep it contained.  So I can open it in the sandbox or I decide to release it into the PC.

I think there are legal obstacle to copy/paste Sandboxie from Tzuk without its approval. It would then be just too costly to buy a license. I just like Avast Pro as it is. :-X

angelmar

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »
i'm a newbie and i woulud like to know if we can install a software with the sandbox, or sandbox is just a safe way to execute a program. sandbox sometimes asks me to launch the sandbox with a installed program, what are the rules of security that decide to launch sandbox or not.

Sparxx

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »

I would say this is a delicate question, because many of us like it one way, others in another way, and the current approach is a golden middle(so to say).

Charla

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
I would like to see improvements of auto Sand Box. It's horrible feature of Avast Free, which confusing normal users, and make angry advanced users. I don't know the algorithm of recognition for dangerous processes, but I have many examples why to turn off auto sand box :-(
E.g. I am using Trillian for a long time, and ASB don't say anything, so everything was good, but one day when I am launching Trillian Avast ASB stops them and says it's potentially dangerous. Why? Why it was good for years, and now it's dangerous? Some games and applications is the same. It was good for a months and now it's dangerous?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
It was good for a months and now it's dangerous?
The autosandbox is a proactive feature. You can see that avast detect quite some using it (http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php look the yellow bar). You can disable it if you want/need.
The best things in life are free.

Nemoposemo

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
Is their a way to automatically delete the browsing history?

Offline Populous

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
Hello everybody from Spain! I know you should not get to a place and start asking for things but because you give us this opportunity we must seize it!

Tip 1:

Backing up files. Include a file backup module .

Tip 2:

Detailed reports on threats encountered. Avast simply reports that it has detected a threat and has neutralized it. Avast also tells you the name of the found threat but does not give you more information. I'd like if it's possible that avast development team in future versions of avast antivirus offers fully reports support  about found Threats.

Tip 3:

PLEASE include a PASSWORD MANAGER! like Sticky Password which is used by KAV. Other security solutions includes them and that gives much value to the program. This improvement is probably the most important for me.

Tip 4:
Reply emails sent to virus@avast.com:

I would like that you respond to users who send malware samples from the virus lab.

On several occasions, I have sent emails with virus samples to the email address virus@avast.com and have never been answered. I think the "communication" is one of the keys to success of any product.

For everything else that I am delighted with AVAST and i'd like that you continue in this line to improve day by day.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Populous
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:08:46 PM by populous »
Avast Premium Security 20.2.2401 (compilación 20.2.5130.565) |CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 4,06GHz, 6 procesadores principales, 12 procesadores lógicos | RAM: 32GB -DDR4-2666 | T.Gráfica: GeForce GTX 1060 | SO: Win 10 Pro Versión 1909 Build (18363.752) - 64 Bits

Chibiyuki

« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »
I need immediate help. My Avast! Free Antivirus' Real Time Shield is turned off every time I open my PC. then I clicked on the Fix Now button but no response from the software. I'm now scared that my PC will be prone to viruses as well as what happened to my PC before i formatted it 5 times already because of virus.

Please do help me ASAP.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »
- Please start a New Topic of your own here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 (click the New topic button at the top of the page see image) as this is unrelated to the original subject and will just confuse the topic and we will try to help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

NiveusLuna

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
I would like to see a way to update the SafeZone browser. Optional, of course, because enterprise users would likely prefer the time-tested secure version. At least, I would like to see some way for the user to know that the SafeZone browser itself (not the environment it runs in, but the browser itself) is being updated for security flaws.

It just bothers me that the version of Chromium used in SafeZone is 9.x. Chromium 9.x is at least 32 weeks old and is probably chock full of security holes. I don't know if Avast! provides security fixes to the SafeZone browser already, but it would be reassuring to know that they do, if they do.

eddie crosswall

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
I think another good feature for the sandbox would be the use of batch files in it.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:02 PM »
I think another good feature for the sandbox would be the use of batch files in it.

please explain (why & when would you use it?), thanks

Offline gautam7

« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
@PK

Thanks for this thread and plese give a choise to save and retrive bank statement and purchase recipt etc from safezone. Now when i download bank recipt etc i can see the file in my download through safezone but when i exit safezone all the file are gone. I have even tried to save the file in different drive of my HDD but nothing works. I don't have a printer so printing is not a option. So please take a look into the matter and solve it because if i have to log in to bank account in normal browser to retrive the statemenat every time then what is the use of safezone for me.

Regards
Gautam
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).