Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219564 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
@PK

Thanks for this thread and plese give a choise to save and retrive bank statement and purchase recipt etc from safezone. Now when i download bank recipt etc i can see the file in my download through safezone but when i exit safezone all the file are gone. I have even tried to save the file in different drive of my HDD but nothing works. I don't have a printer so printing is not a option. So please take a look into the matter and solve it because if i have to log in to bank account in normal browser to retrive the statemenat every time then what is the use of safezone for me.

Regards
Gautam
Why not take a screenshot of the statement and save it as a jpg. ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

fudd777

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
Hi all,this might sound a bit mad:-) but here goes.
I really like the safezone browser feature on avast pro,I've tried safe central and sandboxie to name but two,for my online banking needs and to be honest there a bit flakey...So I downloaded the trial option for avast pro and I absolutely loved the safezone feature,but my problem is this.
I've already got Norton IS 2012 for 2 years so I'm stuck with them for my antivirus/firewall etc etc,though gotta say its pretty decent and I've got no complaints with it.
The question I hope you guys can help me with is thus...
I'm thinking could I buy avast pro just for the safezone feature?
What I'd do is disable all the antivirus/spyware/firewall etc on avast so they don't conflict with Norton and basically just use avast for safezone.
Would this be possible?....Would safezone still be secure now that I'd disabled all the other features and also will not be doing any updates...
I'm thinking that safezone is a stand alone feature in avast that doesn't rely on any kind of updating...alright its gonna cost me just for one feature but I don't mind to be honest.
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated:-)
cheers all:-)

Offline gautam7

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2011, 04:48:26 AM »
@PK

Thanks for this thread and plese give a choise to save and retrive bank statement and purchase recipt etc from safezone. Now when i download bank recipt etc i can see the file in my download through safezone but when i exit safezone all the file are gone. I have even tried to save the file in different drive of my HDD but nothing works. I don't have a printer so printing is not a option. So please take a look into the matter and solve it because if i have to log in to bank account in normal browser to retrive the statemenat every time then what is the use of safezone for me.

Regards
Gautam
Why not take a screenshot of the statement and save it as a jpg. ???
Well Windows 7 snipping tool doesnot work in safezone. Do you know any tool which will do the work? I don't think anything can be saved through safezone even .jpg file, not sure though.....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:12:16 AM by gautam7 »
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »
@fudd777, you can install avast pro only with file-system shield (don't install all other shields) and then disable file-system shield and some virus database notifications. SafeZone is quite independent of other avast components.

@gautam7, bob3160 meant you should use PrtScr key and then e.g. MS Paint (with Ctrl+V) to paste the screenshot (i'm not really sure if it's blocked or not). However, this solution isn't suitable for everyone. Could you please try to define a folder in Exclusions (Sandbox -> Expert Settings -> Exclusions) and save those documents there? They should be excluded from virtualization. This will be fixed in avast7, sorry.

@NiveusLuna, I agree with you, but it's quite hard to do. Avast7 should use Chromium 15.x version (last known) and every time we get a Chromium build we have to do a lot of changes (add our DNS protection, disable a lot of components, plugins, etc). Since it's little automatized, we can't do that everytime when we release a new avast build (stand-alone SafeZone browser has approx. 30Mb and it's quite a lot for regular antivirus updates).

Offline gautam7

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
Thanks PK for the assurance that this will be fixed in version 7. I will try to exclude folder and try this methode latter. I hope being able to save documents from safezone will not compromise the security. Thanks again
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

fudd777

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
@fudd777, you can install avast pro only with file-system shield (don't install all other shields) and then disable file-system shield and some virus database notifications. SafeZone is quite independent of other avast components.

many thanks pk for the above info,I've done like you said...
can I just confirm though with this custom download safezone will still work properly...I'm running Norton is 2012(no slight on your suite its just I'm tied into a 2 year license)this won't interfere with safezone will it?
If everything is OK and safezone is secure and working then I'll definatly buy the product...
I've tried other stand alone secure browsers..safecentral,dell kace etc and safezone is the best,its just a shame you can't buy it seperatly...
but hey if you say its usable in the way described above then its worth buying just for safezone...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
If everything is OK and safezone is secure and working then I'll definatly buy the product...

Well, if you should do so, why not use the rest as well..!?? ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

fudd777

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »

Well, if you should do so, why not use the rest as well..!?? ;)

I've got a 2 year license with Norton,and if I use the rest of avast other than just safezone then I'm going to be running 2 suites,would proberly slow my computer down and cause conflicts as well,that's why I just want the safezone componant of avast:-) ...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »
I've got a 2 year license with Norton,and if I use the rest of avast other than just safezone then I'm going to be running 2 suites,would proberly slow my computer down and cause conflicts as well,that's why I just want the safezone componant of avast:-) ...

Well, I didn't say that you should run two suites.
Got it..?? ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

NiveusLuna

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »
@NiveusLuna, I agree with you, but it's quite hard to do. Avast7 should use Chromium 15.x version (last known) and every time we get a Chromium build we have to do a lot of changes (add our DNS protection, disable a lot of components, plugins, etc). Since it's little automatized, we can't do that everytime when we release a new avast build (stand-alone SafeZone browser has approx. 30Mb and it's quite a lot for regular antivirus updates).

Wow, that is quite a bit, yeah. If it's just too much of a scaling problem, that's perfectly understandable.

I don't suppose incremental updates for it are possible? Or once-a-month updates, or every six weeks (which is Chromium's release cycle)?

I really just want some assurance that the security holes in the included Chromium are being fixed. If there's no feature updates, just fixes to security holes, then that's fine with me. It's a sandboxed browser designed for security. New features means new stuff to debug and secure.

Thanks for the response, pk.

Offline Ivanych

• Пенсионер.
  • Massive Poster
  • СССР-Москва,ГДР-Ютербог,Россия-Ульяновск.
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
В работе SafeZone меня почти всё устраивает.Но,есть несколько минусов!В окошках(их 8)нельзя на постоянку закрепить сайт.Они(сайты) все прыгают из окна в окно.Поменять окошки нельзя местами.Если можно,исправьте пожалуйста это.С уважением Владимир из Ульяновска.
Я частичку своей жизни оставил в Ютербоге Германии !

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
В работе SafeZone меня почти всё устраивает.Но,есть несколько минусов!В окошках(их 8)нельзя на постоянку закрепить сайт.Они(сайты) все прыгают из окна в окно.Поменять окошки нельзя местами.Если можно,исправьте пожалуйста это.С уважением Владимир из Ульяновска.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=28.0

motoavast

« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »
I also want to give some suggestions about SafeZone:
1) firstly, it has no settings, which is pretty sad for computer security in SafeZone.
2) secondly, when you exit the SafeZone clipboard is not cleared and all the passwords I entered or copied, remain in memory and on the clipboard, it is unacceptable and outrageous for SafeZone!
3) Third, would not prevent the existence of a "digital" keyboard (such as to Kaspersky) for enter passwords and ensuring the safe operation against spyware!
4) Fourth, in SafeZone the ability to run even text files (with passwords) through a sandbox environment.

atomicock

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »
i hope add it to right click mouse

SaRaGoN

« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
i hope add it to right click mouse
Me too :)