Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219296 times)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »
Can SafeZone option be checked on free version or at least a sample version of it before I purchase avast product?

No, but you can download avast! Internet Security trial version and use it for 30 days. Then you can decide.

zeroten

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
My English is poor,so please be patient when reading my words :P.I hope that avast can improve the function of uploading virus samples which are not distinguished(which avast don't know ).At first,in the quarantine area,I hope to choose multiple sample(not only one at one time).At second,please make a Special functions to uppload samples.I have use a lot of anti-virus software.Comodo is the best in this.I also know that I can e-mail the samples,but it is not convient for me.I often uppload virus samples to anti-virus software company ;D

Hermite15

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
My English is poor,so please be patient when reading my words :P.I hope that avast can improve the function of uploading virus samples which are not distinguished(which avast don't know ).At first,in the quarantine area,I hope to choose multiple sample(not only one at one time).At second,please make a Special functions to uppload samples.I have use a lot of anti-virus software.Comodo is the best in this.I also know that I can e-mail the samples,but it is not convient for me.I often uppload virus samples to anti-virus software company ;D

that's a sandbox/safe zone related thread  ::)

Offline 790

« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »
SafeZone does not save my settings, e.g. download path, disabling dictionaries and translation...
Win10 64 Pro, APS 21.11.2500

deyani

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
Sandbox is one of the best and usefull feature for your own IT safe.

PierreH

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
I do use LastPass as  password manager and it would be good  to use it in safer zone as said some posts up.

But as Avast has his own password manager, will they take note of  our demand ?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:19:52 PM by PierreH »

Hermite15

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
I do use LastPass as  password manager and it would be good  to use it in safer zone as said some posts up.

this won't happen as Avast is selling their own password manager now ... well licensed from Roboform I think
http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-software-launches-password-manager

... also, I'm not even sure if it's allowed to run in the safe zone at all.

PierreH

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2012, 05:11:36 PM »
For the sandbox, can we have an option setting to switch it off ? for thoes who use an other box apart of avast?Put it on contextual menu on rightclic?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
There already is an option if you checked the avastUI, Additional Protection, AutoSandbox, Settings, Enable AutoSandbox. You can also set to Ask.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Well... I don't think this will happen.
1. avast! releases EasyPass (and it is not working inside of SafeZone either).
2. SafeZone is a place for nothing getting in. LastPass vulnerabilities will be carried to SafeZone if it runs on it imho.
The best things in life are free.

hairyhaggis

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
safezone working would be nice

UserA789

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
MY only request is that a user can choose the browser for Safezone.  As of late I have encountered MANY issues and PC unreliablility using nay of the open source browsers.  Maybe Im just a target though because I state things like this ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:10 PM »
You can't choose what browser to use 'within' the safezone as the whole point of it is that it is completely isolated from the real desktop. The safezone browser is based on chromium and has some additional features to improve security further, such as the use of a secure DNS server.

Being able to install an application or run an external browser in the safezone would blow that isolation and purpose of the safezone out of the water.

Essentially the safezone and its browser are for use when doing on-line banking or visiting security/confidential sites, etc. For more general browsing you can have your browser of choice run under the avast Sandbox.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »
MY only request is that a user can choose the browser for Safezone.  As of late I have encountered MANY issues and PC unreliablility using nay of the open source browsers.  Maybe Im just a target though because I state things like this ???
If you had the ability to choose your browser, you would also invite the vulnerabilities of that browser into something that's been designed to be safe.
It's a request that by the nature of this feature would no work.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Gloops

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
Hello,

I am not sure whether the place of this is here, in fact it is not a feature request, but a bug report.

I have problems concerning the "additional protection" of Avast that appeared recently, i.e. the auto-sandbox.

This only activates on programs that I personally wrote, so I know precisely what there is in it. So, when I read that "Avast did not find enough proves that this program is offensive", I can add : "normal, it is not".

Each time those programs are opened, I have a dialog box to ask me what to do, and each time the answer I gave the previous time is ignored, even if the previous time I took care to open an administrator session.

These are the steps I tried :
- insert the program in the "files to exclude from the auto-sandbox" list
- insert the development folder in the exclusions list
- deactivate the full auto-sandbox functionality.

I still get the message boxes, for my own programs.
What must I do ?