Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219303 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Hello,

I am not sure whether the place of this is here, in fact it is not a feature request, but a bug report.

I have problems concerning the "additional protection" of Avast that appeared recently, i.e. the auto-sandbox.

This only activates on programs that I personally wrote, so I know precisely what there is in it. So, when I read that "Avast did not find enough proves that this program is offensive", I can add : "normal, it is not".

Each time those programs are opened, I have a dialog box to ask me what to do, and each time the answer I gave the previous time is ignored, even if the previous time I took care to open an administrator session.

These are the steps I tried :
- insert the program in the "files to exclude from the auto-sandbox" list
- insert the development folder in the exclusions list
- deactivate the full auto-sandbox functionality.

I still get the message boxes, for my own programs.
What must I do ?
Take a look at the autosandbox exclusion list to see if the path and program is entered correctly.

Turn off the gadget if it is on. It seems to conflict with how avast populates the exclusion list. Go to autosandbox exclusion list and delete failed rules.
Run the program again, allow it to analyze, then select run normally.

Or
Change the AutoSandbox setting to ask, then when you receive the warning select run normally.

Or
Enter the program and path manually into the exclusion list.

With the gadget on, all I would see in the exclusions is "en avast! user interface" which is an incorrect entry.

If this goes any farther than this, please start a new topic so this doesn't turn into a muddy mess.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:21:40 PM by Charyb »

Gloops

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »
Oh, you mean less exclusions ?
OK I shall give a try, and maybe open a new thread.
Thanks.

Dch48

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Yes, the gadget does cause a glitch in the auto sandbox. At this time, you're much better off if you turn the gadget off.

Gloops

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »
Hum, I should like to be sure what you call the gadget ... ?

Dch48

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
The avast gadget that runs in the sidebar like other gadgets. If you don't see it on your desktop, it's not running and you don't need to worry about it.

Gloops

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
Ah OK.
I was not even aware that Avast could run without that.

REDACTED

« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2012, 08:32:49 PM »
Hi guys,
I have written a few pages with new features/bug fixes to avast 7, but I definitely missed some of them - or rather I would like to hear what your requests are. Do you miss a certain feature or do you have an idea how to improve usability? Please tell me about it - now it's the right time. If technically possible I can build the feature for you!
Thank you.

I have problem with AutoSandBox, because it threat (80%) of my own software as suspicious.
Before 5 days I send example app, using contact form.
Until now, I have no answer.
Please, tell me what I need to do, because all my customers (who using Avast) call me asking if my software safe.
Regarding potential customers, I can only guess what happen when they see popup ...

Please, could someone answer me, because I can understand 2 or 3 days, but not 5 days of silence.

With Avast 6 I have no single problem, problem appears first time last Friday (with Avast 7).
I'm using Avast for years.
Thanks.

Dch48

« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
The whitelist needs to be greatly expanded. ImgBurn is being sandboxed and it's one of the most widely known and used free burning utilities. Of course it can be excluded but something that well known and widely used should never be detected in the first place.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
Well I would imaging that if you select Run Normally and also Remember my answer, this information is likely to be passed up the line using the CommunityIQ/Cloud, just my thought.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gloops

« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:28 AM »
Hello,
You remember I deactivated the auto-sandbox, and that was ignored.
Well, after a few more restarts of Windows, it eventually got really deactivated, so now I have no more problem to execute my own programs.
This gives time to improve the filter for auto-sandbox.

Perhaps if I have some time on Saturday I shall get a try after cleaning the exclusions list and seeing how to deactivate the gadget.

Dch48

« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »
For the gadget, all you do is right click on your desktop and choose uninstall for the avast! one. That will probably remove it permanently though. Alternatively, you can just mouse over the gadget and click on the x at the top right . That will turn it off but still leave it in the gadgets list so you can turn it back on later if you wish to.

Gloops

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »
For the gadget, all you do is right click on your desktop and choose uninstall for the avast! one. That will probably remove it permanently though. Alternatively, you can just mouse over the gadget and click on the x at the top right . That will turn it off but still leave it in the gadgets list so you can turn it back on later if you wish to.

Oh well, a mouse over the gadget gives a tooltip that says "avast! antivirus : your system is protected" (thus in the local language).
A left click gives the dialog box for parameterizing.
A right click, as you could guess, gives a contextual menu :
- open the interface (same as left click)
- managing the avast! agents
- silent mode
- update
- display the last message
- information to register
- about Avast

(provided my translation is correct).
 The "managing the avast! agents" option allows you to interrupt Avast for different durations.

Do we have different versions ?
Mine is 7.0.1407

Dch48

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »

Oh well, a mouse over the gadget gives a tooltip that says "avast! antivirus : your system is protected" (thus in the local language).
A left click gives the dialog box for parameterizing.
A right click, as you could guess, gives a contextual menu :
- open the interface (same as left click)
- managing the avast! agents
- silent mode
- update
- display the last message
- information to register
- about Avast

(provided my translation is correct).
 The "managing the avast! agents" option allows you to interrupt Avast for different durations.

Do we have different versions ?
Mine is 7.0.1407
There isn't a X to the right of the gadget that says something like close when you mouse over it? There was on mine. I can't see now since I removed it. I never use gadgets of any kind.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:33:03 AM by Dch48 »

Gloops

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2012, 03:25:55 AM »
Well, here it is ... with the tooltip.

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2012, 04:42:45 AM »
thats part of Avast! in the notification tray not the gadget.

gadget is as in the screenshot