Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 220121 times)

vick35

Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
I found a way to print the receipts directly to HP Printer but using my second PC which is working with windows 7.
With the laptop which I tried to print directly is not possible, but it may has to do with the windows XP which is working with.
I’ ll try again to find a way to do it with my laptop because I use it only for my work.
Thanks a lot DavidR and Dch48  for your answers.

UserA789

« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Id love to either have adblocking (not related) or have the ability to run ads from webpages in the sandbox... that would be a novel security precaution that would circumvent the vunerabilty some ads suggest to our systems.  Just my opinion.

UserA789

« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
I found a way to print the receipts directly to HP Printer but using my second PC which is working with windows 7.
With the laptop which I tried to print directly is not possible, but it may has to do with the windows XP which is working with.
I’ ll try again to find a way to do it with my laptop because I use it only for my work.
Thanks a lot DavidR and Dch48  for your answers.
OFF TOPIC from thread - have you checked you wireless settings of your router to insure that your wirelss devices can talk to each other?  This happened to me with a laptop and thats all that was going on.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
Id love to either have adblocking ...

There are tools for almost any browser to do that.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

UserA789

« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
Id love to either have adblocking ...

There are tools for almost any browser to do that.
They are not always effective, or I dont know where they have moved it to, but anyhow, thats a feature request for the next Avast Internet Security suite.  My point here is more to have the ability run ads in a webpage totally sandboxed while the web browser operates in normal 'space/time'.  I think that would be ingenious way to approach the vunerablity some ads purpose.

OFF TOPIC... where is this setting for adblocking in IE9?  PM me if you will.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »
1. My point here is more to have the ability run ads in a webpage totally sandboxed while the web browser operates in normal 'space/time'.  I think that would be ingenious way to approach the vunerablity some ads purpose.
2. OFF TOPIC... where is this setting for adblocking in IE9?  PM me if you will.

1. Well, if the ads get blocked, there won't be any need to sandbox them. ;)
2. Sorry, I don't use IE.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Nesivos

« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has suggested this and if they have add me to the list.

I would like avast! to add Cloud backup and synchronization of avast! settings as an option for a home user with more than one computer using avast!.   The settings would be stored in the Cloud and if a user needed to restore their avast! settings to one or more computers in their avast! account they could do so from the Cloud backup.

Using the Cloud feature would be optional for users who maintain different settings among the various computers in their avast! account.   They could continue to use the local/home network backup location.

Nesivos

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »
I would like to see a link from the Real-Time Shields UI to a description of the items identified as "Infected" by the Real-Time Shields rather than having to look in the logs.

vick35

« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
Hi,
Using Safe Zone and making my payments through e-banking i can not print the bank receipts directly to HP Photosmart Printer All-in-one.
I can only save them as PDF files and only when i'm out of Safe Zone, and opening the saved file i can print them.
Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks a lot.
That seems strange because I can print with my Canon MP 250 from the Safe Zone without problems.

Entering in the printer properties and advanced settings and changing the settings from printing documents in the queue for faster printing to directly to the printer ...  the printing is done!!!

Nesivos

« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
I would still like to see the current Program Version and current Virus Definition show up when you mouse over the avast! Orange ball on the Windows task bar and when you mouse (slide your finger) over the avast! tile in Metro.  This would be a lot more convenient than having to open the UI to see the information.   

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
Thank you guys for a lot of ideas and opinions. Next avast7 beta (available in ~3 weeks) will use improved SafeZone component.

Let me summarize all new changes:
- webbrowser was upgraded from 9.x to 17.x version
- added Lastpass support (requested by logos, firzen771, Rednose, Tech, PierreH)
- allowed to execute some trusted tools, e.g. calculator, notepad or 3rd party signed/trusted apps (Rednose, Tech)
- fixed download problems (jimmycbf, gentle4ug)
- fixed FF/IE/Opera bookmarks importing (RejZoR)
- fixed saving browser settings (avast.de, About Blank)
- fixed multi monitor support, different taskbar sizes (Nesivos)
- added "Starting SafeZone Browser" animation

new settings:
- clipboard sharing mode between SafeZone and Desktop (disabled/texts only/fully enabled)
- turn on/off using our secured DNS server (Tech)
- use keyboard filter driver to block kernel-mode keyloggers
- set keyboard hotkey for fast SafeZone<>Desktop switch
- add/remove "Launch SafeZone browser" shortcut on the default Desktop (Lord Ami)

maybe:
- switch back button in SafeZone Start menu (RejZoR)

If you miss a SafeZone feature, please let me know within ~1 week, otherwise you'll have to wait for avast 8.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:40:07 PM by pk »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
Thanks pk for both the hard work and listening all of our needs and hopes.

If you miss a SafeZone feature, please let me know within ~1 week, otherwise you'll have to wait for avast 8.
Well, I wish:
1. We could print from SafeZone. A lot of Brazilian users are complaining they can't print the banking payments.
2. Our Brazilian bank sites be recognized by avast! and it automatically switch to SafeZone as promised.
3. Compatibility with gbplugin.dll used/required by a lot of Brazilian banks.
The best things in life are free.

aklaren

« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
It looks like these updates are only about the SafeZone and not (as the thread title implies) also about the Sandbox. As I have explained over 1 month ago in http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76650.msg758333#msg758333 and beyond, the Sandbox idea is good but the current implementation is too strict and illogical and recently caused a Windows Update of .NET to fail because it blokked netfxupdate.exe. Please check my comments and tell me what to do to avoid my legitimate online process from being sandboxed and terminated.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
Well, I wish:
1. We could print from SafeZone. A lot of Brazilian users are complaining they can't print the banking payments.
2. Our Brazilian bank sites be recognized by avast! and it automatically switch to SafeZone as promised.
3. Compatibility with gbplugin.dll used/required by a lot of Brazilian banks.
1. should be fixed
2. yes, this is in progress; however it won't be implemented in the next build, probably later (IE/FF/Chrome plugins must support new settings/UI; I'll ask about details & time schedule)
3. old safezone webbrowser didn't support several bank sites, this should be fixed now; I didn't hear about gbplugin.dll compatibility problem, i'll try to search some posts about it

@aklaren: yes, sandbox/autosandbox was improved in the first version of avast7 and SafeZone will be improved in next beta version; please look at this blog post about autosandbox (https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/20/autosandbox-why-are-you-annoying-me).

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »
I'd like to see a SafeZone stand alone application that can be purchased by those of us that still use the Free version of avast!

We also need an app. for our smart phone.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet