Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219565 times)

Dch48

Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
An option to NOT TERMINATE PROGRAM after the analysis is complete would be nice.
Yes, this was fixed in new beta version (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99540.0).
Yes, but if you choose the option it runs the program outside the sandbox with no option to do otherwise. If you don't tell it to run it sandboxed within the first 15 seconds, you lose that ability. I consider this extremely dangerous.

StrangeCrunchy1

« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2012, 03:20:32 AM »
I'd say Chromium and Firefox are both allowed since they are open source. Safari, IE or Opera, that's an another thing...

You wish... the particular license is rather important. Some of the open source licenses would basically force us to turn avast! into open-source as well if we included any piece of the source code.
OK, MPL is not that bad... but we'd still have to release the modified source code, which is additional stuff to deal with, and possibly unwanted.

Still, though, you have to admit...if Avast! was an open source product, it would make compatibility and feature addition that much more efficient, where, as you would normally have a few people in one building working on one particular aspect of the program, you could have hundreds, or even thousands of people worldwide working on multiple areas simultaneously.  FAR more efficient.

Dch48

« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2012, 05:53:21 AM »
I'd say Chromium and Firefox are both allowed since they are open source. Safari, IE or Opera, that's an another thing...

You wish... the particular license is rather important. Some of the open source licenses would basically force us to turn avast! into open-source as well if we included any piece of the source code.
OK, MPL is not that bad... but we'd still have to release the modified source code, which is additional stuff to deal with, and possibly unwanted.

Still, though, you have to admit...if Avast! was an open source product, it would make compatibility and feature addition that much more efficient, where, as you would normally have a few people in one building working on one particular aspect of the program, you could have hundreds, or even thousands of people worldwide working on multiple areas simultaneously.  FAR more efficient.
And FAR more open to hacking and insertion of malicious code just for the hell of it.

aklaren

« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
I am very happy with the option to continue applications unknown to Avast!, but as Dch48 says, unfortunately it looks like you cannot choose to run it in the sandbox anymore. I understand explaining the sandbox mechanism to novice users in a single question may be difficult question, but how this dialogue:

Do you want to continue running this application?
  • Yes, I trust this application (run normally)
  • Yes, but I know if I can trust it (run in a protected environment)
  • No (stop the application)

puter illit

« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
I need some help using Sandbox, hope this is the right place to ask?

Sandbox is set to automatic (just changed it to ask) because when I opened a program that is internal and has been on my computer since my last computer) with no issues Sandbox Moved it? ran it? and then said it was clean. So my question is: Were is it?

Has that file been perninantly moved to isolation in Avast and if so were can I find it? When I open Sandbox it does not show a folder???? Program Help  says: "Right-clicking on an application that is already in the sandbox, will open a new context menu which will enable the application to be run one time outside the sandbox or alternatively, it can be removed from the sandbox completely so that it will be run in the normal environment again every time it is started."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:34:06 PM by puter illit »

Online NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

Sandbox is set to automatic (just changed it to ask) because when I opened a program that is internal and has been on my computer since my last computer) with no issues Sandbox Moved it? ran it? and then said it was clean. So my question is: Were is it?

Has that file been perninantly moved to isolation in Avast and if so were can I find it? When I open Sandbox it does not show a folder???? Program Help  says: "Right-clicking on an application that is already in the sandbox, will open a new context menu which will enable the application to be run one time outside the sandbox or alternatively, it can be removed from the sandbox completely so that it will be run in the normal environment again every time it is started."
Autosandbox does not move any file: the original executable should be in the same place, only created file are deleted.
And you should make your own thread, this thread is something like wishlist.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

puter illit

« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »

Autosandbox does not move any file: the original executable should be in the same place, only created file are deleted.
And you should make your own thread, this thread is something like wishlist.

Sorry, was looking for the topic to start a new thread but this seem like the likely choice.
Thanks for the info anyway, was nervse it pulled another program from my OS. Thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
Well, that's not fully true.
Sure, the files created inside of the scan are "removed" - but if the autosandbox scan finds the parent file itself infected, this file is also removed (or moved to Chest).

cek333

« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »
Well, I wish:
1. We could print from SafeZone. A lot of Brazilian users are complaining they can't print the banking payments.
2. Our Brazilian bank sites be recognized by avast! and it automatically switch to SafeZone as promised.
3. Compatibility with gbplugin.dll used/required by a lot of Brazilian banks.
1. should be fixed

I purchased Interent Security today but it seems the print from SafeZone is still not functional (for me). It doesn't seem to be site dependent; if I go to the google.com home page and then try to print I get the following message "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check your printer or try selecting another printer." My default printer is actually primoPdf; it works fine outside of safezone. I tried the workaround suggested here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg771768#msg771768, but it didn't help. I next tried changing the default printer to Microsoft XPS Document Writer (which comes with Windows 7), but that didn't help either. I'm actually not interested in using a 'printer' at all; just the nifty "Save as PDF" feature from Chrome (which is accessible from the Print menu). Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

Created a new forum topic here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101017.0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:38:17 PM by cek333 »

Dch48

« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »
Well, I wish:
1. We could print from SafeZone. A lot of Brazilian users are complaining they can't print the banking payments.
2. Our Brazilian bank sites be recognized by avast! and it automatically switch to SafeZone as promised.
3. Compatibility with gbplugin.dll used/required by a lot of Brazilian banks.
1. should be fixed

I purchased Interent Security today but it seems the print from SafeZone is still not functional (for me). It doesn't seem to be site dependent; if I go to the google.com home page and then try to print I get the following message "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check your printer or try selecting another printer." My default printer is actually primoPdf; it works fine outside of safezone. I tried the workaround suggested here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg771768#msg771768, but it didn't help. I next tried changing the default printer to Microsoft XPS Document Writer (which comes with Windows 7), but that didn't help either. I'm actually not interested in using a 'printer' at all; just the nifty "Save as PDF" feature from Chrome (which is accessible from the Print menu). Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.
You are not actually using a printer but rather a virtualized printer. The workaround does seem to work with actual physical printers with their own drivers and software actually installed.  Your issue is a different one and would probably be more noticeable if you created a separate topic for it in the board for the latest Avast version.  I would make sure the topic title mentioned printing to PDF from the Safe Zone.

cek333

« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
OK. Thanks, I'll create a new topic (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=101017.0).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:38:37 PM by cek333 »

searchlight

« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »
Fix the Roboform Crash Problem caused by the Sandbox in the latest version of Avast IS 7.

As you already know, I disabled Isolate IPC Objects from the rest of the system, and this fixed the crash problem but I do not know if I compromised security.

Moreover, I have opened Support Tickets at Roboform, and at Avast. Roboform wants dumps of their Crash reports, and Avast has not responded to my ticket.

I think that this is a priority problem that should be fixed as soon as possible, as I uninstalled Sandboxie so I could buy Avast Internet Security 7 which had everything I needed until now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:21:27 PM by searchlight »

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
searchlight: Just disable IPC option in sandbox settings. The problem is caused by a compatibility issue between avast and Roboform. This is the 2nd or 3rd post about roboform issue since1456 release (so I don't think it's too critical). I can send you a link with new sandbox driver, but still I think disabling IPC setting is enough right now. This bug will be fixed in next program update (I hope new avast version will be released within 2 weeks, because I think version 1456 is quite ... ).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:49:11 AM by pk »

searchlight

« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »
Thanks pk, send me the link. It is appreciated.

searchlight

« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
This waiting for responses concerning links, and lack of immediate response from opening a Tech Support Ticket
is ridiculous.

When the Sandbox matures, maybe I will revisit a purchase but for now, I am uninstalling the product, and requested a refund. For my purposes, the program is not suitable.

Thanks to all who tried to help.