Author Topic: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests  (Read 219532 times)

Arizona

Re: Sandbox / SafeZone - feature requests
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »
PK Good post +1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2012, 02:39:44 AM »
pk, thanks for the update, and hope they're addressing also the MS Outlook issue/bug.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Man1971

« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2012, 02:49:57 AM »
Hi there everybody.

A simple feature I'd like is just a SHORTCUT to SafeZone in my current Desktop.
Does anybody know the path to it? (not to the safebrowser, but to the SafeZone).

Cheers,

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2012, 07:39:53 AM »
Does anybody know the path to it? (not to the safebrowser, but to the SafeZone).
Right now, there's only shortcut (icon) for SafeZone + SafeZone browser. You can define keyboard shortcut for SafeZone only. Would you like to see this option as for icon only? I thought current implementation won't run another SafeZone browser if there's already running instance. If it's not true (for icon), then it's a bug.

Offline Ivanych

• Пенсионер.
  • Massive Poster
  • СССР-Москва,ГДР-Ютербог,Россия-Ульяновск.
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
Hi there everybody.
Does anybody know the path to it? (not to the safebrowser, but to the SafeZone).Cheers,

Excuse me!!!
I have the installation of AIS v 7.0.1426 appears on the desktop gadget-ярлык.И in it there are small icons:1-go to the AIS 2-go to the safe-Zone, 3-update the scan engine and virus definitions, 4-go to Twitter, 5-go to Facebook, 6-go to Blog.Я just clicked on the desktop and chose Гаджеты.Там I found this shortcut-гаджет.Всего good!
Я частичку своей жизни оставил в Ютербоге Германии !

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Excuse me!!!
I have the installation of AIS v 7.0.1426 appears on the desktop gadget-ярлык.И in it there are small icons:1-go to the AIS 2-go to the safe-Zone, 3-update the scan engine and virus definitions, 4-go to Twitter, 5-go to Facebook, 6-go to Blog.Я just clicked on the desktop and chose Гаджеты.Там I found this shortcut-гаджет.Всего good!
There are two things: small SafeZone icon in gadget and AIS 7.0.1456 option (Additional Protection -> SafeZone -> Expert Settings) which creates/removes "Launch SafeZone Browser" shortcut from Desktop.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »
@ pk
Since you mention avast gadget:
I take it that now Microsoft is saying the Sidebar/Gadget side of things are vulnerable and they are no longer developing it (pushing win8 metro apps) will avast be removing the avast gadget, not that I use it in my win7 netbook.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Man1971

« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
I thought current implementation won't run another SafeZone browser if there's already running instance. If it's not true (for icon), then it's a bug.
???

There are two things: small SafeZone icon in gadget and AIS 7.0.1456 option (Additional Protection -> SafeZone -> Expert Settings) which creates/removes "Launch SafeZone Browser" shortcut from Desktop.
That option creates a shortcut in my SafeZone desktop, but not in my User Desktop in Windows.
I'm using AVast IS 7.0.1456 under XP SP3, so I don't use gadgets or widgets.
In my Windows user desktop I have many shortcuts such as Firefox, Outlook, etc. I just would like a shortcut to launch the SafeZone (otherwise I must left click the bottom Avast icon and right click to launch it, then click on Addictional protection, and then click to SafeZone)... :-\

An even better implementation would be a "SafeZone+Browser" Top Icon in every internet browser, so everytime I go to Paypal or any other website which requires an online payment, I can click that button and it switches to the SafeZone and Chrome Browser is launched together with the url I was visiting... that would be awesome!
This would save a lot of time!  8)

Cheers!

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
That option creates a shortcut in my SafeZone desktop, but not in my User Desktop in Windows.
I see, avast settings are for all users. Icon should be created for the current user or for all users.

In my Windows user desktop I have many shortcuts such as Firefox, Outlook, etc. I just would like a shortcut to launch the SafeZone (otherwise I must left click the bottom Avast icon and right click to launch it, then click on Addictional protection, and then click to SafeZone)... :-\
You can alco right-click on avast's tray icon and choose "Switch to SafeZone", or define a keyboard shortcut. Alternatively, you can create own shortcut (select avastui.exe as target and define the same command parameter "/sfzonebrowser").

An even better implementation would be a "SafeZone+Browser" Top Icon in every internet browser, so everytime I go to Paypal or any other website which requires an online payment, I can click that button and it switches to the SafeZone and Chrome Browser is launched together with the url I was visiting... that would be awesome!
This feature will be in next avast version. We're working on it.

Offline Man1971

« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
I see, avast settings are for all users. Icon should be created for the current user or for all users.
Exactly! ;)

Great!...However, when you say "next avast version", do you mean AVAST 7.0.1XXX or ...AVAST 8?...

Dch48

« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
I don't understand something here. What is the purpose or functionality of Safe Zone without the browser? I thought it was only for ultra secure browsing when doing things like banking and online shopping.

Offline Man1971

« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
I need to know it ;)

Great!...However, when you say "next avast version", do you mean AVAST 7.0.1XXX or ...AVAST 8?...

Offline Ivanych

• Пенсионер.
  • Massive Poster
  • СССР-Москва,ГДР-Ютербог,Россия-Ульяновск.
« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Hello!
I have AIS v 7.0.1426.При inclusion Zone is enabled browser Chrom.При short-term exit from the zone and the re-entry back into the zone, appears again browser Chrom, in spite of the fact that in the area there are already included браузер.И have to delete the extra браузер.В 7.0.1456 I don't know, did you correct this error???? What You can answer on this issue?? All good Vladimir! from Ulyanovsk.
Я частичку своей жизни оставил в Ютербоге Германии !

GTX66

« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:45 PM »
Chromium is open source so Google doesn,t has control of what can or can't do the developers with the code. Google only controls Chrome.

This is akin to saying Mozilla has no control over Firefox? Google provides the FUNDING for Chromiun, who do you think pays these people? They don't develop for free.

LordKitsuna

« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2012, 06:16:50 AM »
Yea i have a feature request, make it work in windows 8 :P how can you claim support for win8 when your firewall still blocks metro apps and the sandbox is still not working. unless i am missing something here but my sandbox still does not work as of the latest program version on win8