Author Topic: How do I tell if I have a virus  (Read 4867 times)

macswife

How do I tell if I have a virus
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »
I DL'd Avast, ran it and it came up with "8" viruses. I put them in the vault, then got rid of them after talking to a computer tech who said they really were not viruses but seen as a threat from my voice mail program from my iphone to the mac.
So, how do I really tell if I have a virus? I checked my mac and we scanned the PC. Yet, I had some major issues with gmail the other day, which leads me to believe my husband's x wife found someone to hack into our computer via a virus. (her step son told his mom who called us (same night I had issues in gmail trying to forward her crazy voice mails to the attorney.) We were able to save the voice mails before anything happened BUT what the heck! Gmail is all now set up with the new verification way but I want to find out how they accessed the information!!
Any clues or insight!?!?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I tell if I have a virus
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:42:41 AM »
Post the file names, locations and the malware name of the detections.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security