Author Topic: False positive & Question  (Read 7759 times)

Pindakaas

False positive & Question
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »
If i try to download the program called Bufferzone , avast blocks it , it is a legit piece of software.

And if i surf in the Avast sandbox , there is this little thing that anoys me , when u are on a normal browser without sandbox , u can move your mouse over the traybar , and it will popup , but if i surf inside the avast sandbox , it does not popup , i first have to minimize the browser , then i can use the traybar below.

How to fix that.

And when i try to exclude '' favorites '' in the sandbox from virtualisation , and then later i close the browser , and then remove whats inside the sandbox , my favorites are gone , how can i let it stay.

In sandboxie , u can remove everything whats inside without removing the favorites , in Avast u cant ?

If i want to keep it , i have to not remove the sandbox in avast , but it takes allot of MB if i dont flush it.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: False positive & Question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »
Hello,
what does mean "avast blocks it"? Post the screeshot of alert window and url from which you are trying to download that software, please.

Milos

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »
See how to post a screenshot: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8982.0
You can use Gadwin PrintScreen to get a screenshot (http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/) or the free version of WinSnap 1.1.10 (http://www.filehippo.com/download_winsnap/?2173).
The best things in life are free.

Pindakaas

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
It just blocked the program when i downloaded bufferzone , try it yourself to see.

Red popup bottom right ,with a alarm sound.

I didnt make a screenshot , i removed avast now , i installed geswall.

I always remove and install then remove again , i will install avast later again.

GrandPrixGXP

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
If your using Avast Pro.............It has a sandbox. BufferZone is a sandbox. You cannot use both of them. Sounds like you would be better of with Avast Free and BufferZone or Avast Free and Sandboxie. Also are you on a 32 or 64 bit OS?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:51:51 PM by GrandPrixGXP »

Pindakaas

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »
I had a trial of avast pro , i now use geswall.

But later im planning to buy the internet security , but then i want to use it fully.

I mean , in avast free the FULL protection is enabled , same as avast pro or the IS.

But the sandbox in avast is a bit anoying sometimes , because i cant flush it without losing my favorites in my browser , and if i browse , im used to move my mouse to the traybar or however u use it , it wont popup , only if u minimize the sandbox , do you know what i mean ?

GrandPrixGXP

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »
Sounds like Avast's Sandbox is not for you. Sandboxie is very customizable so then go with Avast Free and Sandboxie as I have previously mentioned.

Pindakaas

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
no i dont use sandboxie , the owner is a arrogant child.

GrandPrixGXP

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
no i dont use sandboxie , the owner is a arrogant child.

Oh well..............Guess your out of luck cause what you see is what you get. Maybe recommend the features you want in Avast 7.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 08:19:57 PM »
<Snip>
But the sandbox in avast is a bit anoying sometimes , because i cant flush it without losing my favorites in my browser

Sounds like Avast's Sandbox is not for you. Sandboxie is very customizable so then go with Avast Free and Sandboxie as I have previously mentioned.

Although I use the free version, reading the help file indicates(See pic attached) that there is an option to not virtualize bookmarks, cookies, history etc. So kindly tweak the settings of the sandbox so that you can save these.

Pindakaas

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
i already did that , i checked favorites , but still i lose it , if i remove what was inside the sandbox.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 04:23:55 AM »
Disregard GrandPrixGXP. He is a troll. He get banned.
The best things in life are free.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 04:54:40 AM »
i already did that , i checked favorites , but still i lose it , if i remove what was inside the sandbox.

Which version of avast did you have?

I will ask PK(Avast sandbox developer) to come over here so that he can take a look if you have the latest version and experiencing this problem.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:02:59 AM by nmb »

Pindakaas

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
Which version of avast did you have?

I will ask PK(Avast sandbox developer) to come over here so that he can take a look if you have the latest version and experiencing this problem.
[/quote]

Oh , maybe it was a bit old , it was a expired trial , forgot to say that.

nevermind guys :P

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
You may have to download the latest trial and try the sandbox again.