Author Topic: Advice on Behavior Shield Expert Setting.  (Read 12580 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Advice on Behavior Shield Expert Setting.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
Oh and this is straight out of the box - no fiddling with either Avast or admuncher settings  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
I take it that means that it is working for you as I don't think it was even running for the OP ?
Unfortunately detailed information wasn't provided by the OP so I really don't know exactly waht his problem is.

I was hoping you could try to get it to work with the behavior shield, currently it appears to be blocking it for the OP. This is what I had asked for and suggested of the OP but no answers or feedback on any of the suggestions were forthcoming.

~~~~
What I asked of the OP and Suggestions:
1. See if there is anything in the log - Perhaps it is another file, check the C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\BehaviorShield.txt

2. The following had already been added to the trusted zone:
- AdMunch.exe
- Admunch64.exe
But no joy, disabling the behavior shield was the only way to get it to work.

3. If those two are trusted and there are no other ad muncher files listed in the behaviorshield.txt file, next step, otherwise add any other ad muncher files in the behaviorshield.txt to trusted processes.

If that doesn't work:
4. Add iexplore.exe to the trusted processes.

If that doesn't work:
5. Uncheck this option 'Monitor the system for unauthorised modifications' in the Behavior Shield settings and see if that resolves the problem.

If that doesn't work:
6. We are down to disabling/uninstalling the behavior shield.

####
So we really need some detailed feedback from the OP on exactly what was going on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:59:39 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 11:01:04 PM »
Logs are empty - I made no exceptions

And admuncher appears to work as advertised

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:56 PM »
Weird, now it is down to the OP to get back and see if there is some other conflicting security application on the system which might tie up the behavior shield whilst it does any checking on ad muncher. But as you say nothing in the behaviorshield.txt log.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »
I would imagine it is something in the system configuration as mine is fairly light with security Avast only