Author Topic: avast free update  (Read 16124 times)

cragtom

avast free update
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »
Help needed I have avast on my own windows 7 computer and the program updated the other day with no problems but this evening on my mothers windows vista computer the program has updated but the windows security centre is not recognising it fully. :(

Gargamel360

Re: avast free update
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
Help needed I have avast on my own windows 7 computer and the program updated the other day with no problems but this evening on my mothers windows vista computer the program has updated but the windows security centre is not recognising it fully. :(
Hmmm, have you re-booted yet?

Either way, Avast! can't do much about security center being mentally vacant  ;)

Raveen Kool

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
Is it showing "out of date" in windows security center?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »

Please follow this article and let us know what happened: https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=580&nav=0,2 [Windows 7]

Edit: For Windows vista : https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=581&nav=0,2
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:57:54 AM by nmb »

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
Please follow this article and let us know what happened: https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=580&nav=0,2
Ah, I didn't know about that one.  Bookmarked, thanks. :)

cragtom

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
sorted it out the malware section on security centre in vista did not recognize it as being able to update (note to the software engineers who designed avast to fix this small bug) now set it to not monitor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »
sorted it out the malware section on security centre in vista did not recognize it as being able to update (note to the software engineers who designed avast to fix this small bug) now set it to not monitor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Uh...it isn't avast that you have issues with, it's windows. You were directed to the windows security center not the avast software.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »
Ah, I didn't know about that one.  Bookmarked, thanks. :)

You're Welcome.

Instead of disabling it, please follow Reply #3.