Author Topic: Trial Period expires after 2 (two) days & registration impossible ...  (Read 20257 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Trial Period expires after 2 (two) days & registration impossible ...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »
his point (if any...) is that he doesn't want to register, because he doesn't want to spoil a registration (on Avast free lol) if anything goes wrong on his system... no matter if the guy doesn't know that registering avast free is just meant for stats and that you can register it as many times as you want ::).. but no, he's got a clock issue, either due to the presence of a pirated Windows, or to the fact that he has already installed/uninstalled/re-installed Avast free so many times that the trial period is over... no idea what generates all that paranoia, but it's difficult to call it something else. Long and confused posts etc...

I think this thread should be locked now ;)

edit: and no matter if when registration doesn't work from the UI, you can request a registration code for the free version on Avast web site.
I agree it should be locked and closed. I think he has a computer issue not an avast issue. I tried to tell him to go ahead and register and if he didn't like avast he could always uninstall. Puzzling...huh? ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »
edit: and no matter if when registration doesn't work from the UI, you can request a registration code for the free version on Avast web site.

Funny thing is he already did.... ;D

Quote from Reply #12:
OK, I "ordered" offline-registration-code that I got via eMail but did not yet enter it ...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
oh I missed that... honestly I didn't have the patience to go through his posts :D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »
oh I missed that... honestly I didn't have the patience to go through his posts :D

I fully understand that.

Edit: Also see Reply #3... ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »
The posts were long and rambling with little regard to his issue. Not to mention confusing. I wonder if and when the last time he used CCleaner or scanned with Secunia PSI. There are some serious problems with his machine. I think ??? one thing he wanted was to export/import setting from one version to the next. Which has been discussed on this forum before. It does not take that long to reset settings.  ;D
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
To the ones with registration problem, please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
To the ones with registration problem....

Not needed here, Tech. ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
What about the subject of the thread?
Are all of the posts here just off topic?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »
What about the subject of the thread?
Are all of the posts here just off topic?

You need to read the thread to understand it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
I won't... it went off topic.
I just want to help, if that was the case, an user with registration problems.
If the topic is solved, please, add [Solved] to the original post.

Hermite15

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
the thread didn't go off topic... as there's never been a real topic in the first place ;D but it got commented, with right... there was nothing to solve, how could it be marked as solved now? ... you're refusing to read the thread and this makes your last posts here a bit irrelevant ::)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
If the topic is solved, please, add [Solved] to the original post.

The OP has to do this, but I doubt he will.
Maybe Reply #31 gives you a short insight.
asyn

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »
Thanks Asyn... Won't lose time...
I did not realize I was talking to you as you're constantly changing your avatar ;D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »
1. Thanks Asyn... Won't lose time...
2. I did not realize I was talking to you as you're constantly changing your avatar ;D

1. NP Tech. :)
2. Well, only in the holiday season. ;) 8)
asyn

Kakadu

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 01:21:02 AM »
Sorry, no - the topic is not yet closed - I fear I have to restart it with the explanation of that what happened ... see post #12 - that's the main subject of the thread:

Can you please explain how this can happen:

1st thing:

Date: 22.04.2011 - Time 21:45
- CURRENT STATUS: NOT YET REGISTERED
- this product must be registered within 0 days.
- Registration information:
Current registration will expire on: 20.05.2011 12:00:03
Date of Registration: 20.04.2011 12:00:03

2nd thing:

0) preferences is set to "manual updates" with announcement as soon as new virusdatabase is ready ("mid-position" in prefs); tray-icon has exclamation-mark ... this is an accepted setting that AVAST allows!

1) click on tray-icon (that has exclamation mark) - the avast-window opens and there is a problem reported: ATTENTION - your system is not fully protected; please use "fix now" button to start fully protection of system.
- there is an exclamation-mark at "auto-updates" reporting that auto-updates are turned off (not respecting that settings are "ask when an update is available").

2) then click on "fix now"-button - it is to assume that this should turn on auto-update of virus-database (as this is reported to be the reason why the system is not fully protected)

3) after that click on "fix now", all the shields are turned OFF (!!!) and you are told that protection is disabled and trial period is over (but you can read that it still lasts nearly a whole month) ... you cannot turn protection shields on again before registering

4) and: online-registering does not work (or is disabled) at that moment ...

and this happens after two days of use

Can you please explain why that behaviour occurs? (in short words: clicking on "fix now" turns AVAST-shields totally off) ...

Is that behaviour (telling you to activate full protection - and the result is total lack of protection) corresponding with your philosophy of security? I just cannot believe that!!! If AVAST wants to be a "serious software" (in the domain of security) and not only just a piece of crap, I assume you consider that behaviour at least as problematic, if not worse.

As explained: there was an inconsistency with time/clock with a dual boot so that the computer-clock was set 2hrs in advance by the other operating system and set back by that windows where AVAST is installed. This might just be an explanation of what the trigger of that strange behaviour could have been - not more and not less.