Author Topic: Simple question about sample submission  (Read 1822 times)

BrBrasil

Simple question about sample submission
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
Hello guys,

Just a simple question:

Files submitted to the avast online scanner website: http://onlinescan.avast.com/ are available to the avast virus lab team to create new malware signatures? Or the only way is to submit from the pplication chest or by email to virus@avast.com?

I ask this because some days ago, I have submitted a file to the online scanner, and in that time it wasnt detected... However in the next day it started to be detected as malware-gen... I was wondering if its was just a coincidence (someone else submitted the same file from chest or by email) or if they got the file from the online scanner...?

Thanks for your time,

BrBrasil

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Simple question about sample submission
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
only somone from avast lab can answer this ......and only if you post the file MD5.... then they can tell you where they got it from
but i dont think they will respond

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »
Well... I would think it would be stupid if they don't use the onlinescan as a malware submission source. Don't you think?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
Well... I would think it would be stupid if they don't use the onlinescan as a malware submission source. Don't you think?

Yep. Agree.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0