Author Topic: Question About Avast E-Mail Scanning in Outlook? [SOLVED]  (Read 2329 times)

Jack 1000

Question About Avast E-Mail Scanning in Outlook? [SOLVED]
« on: April 24, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »
Sup All?

Several friends use MS Outlook for their primary e-mail.  Does Avast use the primary E-Mail Shield for Outlook? Or is that a separate plug-in, which is detected and used by Avast when an Outlook account is activated with Avast on the computer?

I read about an e-mail plug in for Outlook, is that a part of Avast?  Or does Avast use the primary E-Mail scanner for Outlook, just like any other E-Mail program?

Jack
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:07:48 PM by Jack 1000 »

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Re: Question About Avast E-Mail Scanning in Outlook?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »
Hi Jack

The simple answer to your question is that avast scans your mails before it reaches your inbox. I use Office Outlook 2007 and avast has a plugin for which enable it to scan even SSL email receiving. I don't know whether avast uses plugin for  Outlook Express  or not... If it does then it can scan even SSL or say secure connection if its not then you will have to disable SSL and mention it in avast settings.

Thanks
Ash
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Styx

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »
As Ashish said Avast will scan your email prior to it being delivered to the
email program. I use both OutLook 2010 and PopPeeper to check POP3 and IMAP
email accounts, some with SSL, and Avast scans all of them.

Jack 1000

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
Thanks Ash and Styx!  ;D

Jack