Author Topic: AVAST and COMODO conflict  (Read 17573 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVAST and COMODO conflict
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
avast autosandbox could fight with Comodod Defense+ in my opinion.
When two security programs fight for a file, the less protected the user will be...
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
avast autosandbox could fight with Comodod Defense+ in my opinion.
When two security programs fight for a file, the less protected the user will be...

.... Avast auto-sandbox can conflict with Comodo auto-sandbox, this yes, but not with the rest of Def+.

two things to disable absolutely when running Avast and Comodo:

1 the AV (no need to mention...)
2 CIS or Avast auto-sandbox

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
Why not Defense+? HIPS and autosandboxing won't be fighting for the file control? ???

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
Why not Defense+? HIPS and autosandboxing won't be fighting for the file control? ???

Just uninstall Comodo AV and turn off Comodo Sandbox and also the Comodo Cloud.

Comodo sandbox conflict with Avast Autosandbox.

Look at my sig I have no more problem so far
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hermite15

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »

??? HIPS will just keep working with sandboxed files, what's the problem ::)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:38:08 PM by logos »

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
As soon as you are using only one of them, then it might not be possible...

iroc9555

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »
abcd...... :o

Yes, get rid of Comodo AV. You can not run two AVs. Also, there are several posts in Comodo Forums from members running XP Spk3 who claim that CIS 5.3 had crashed their system, but not real answer from Comodo devs if they are investigating these cases. Others are doing OK like Speedy. My case, I am back to Cfw 3.14. I can not make CIS 5 to run well in my sys in Proactive Security. It runs OK in Firewall Security, but that set does not give you all the HIPS protection.

Exclude Comodo in Avast Behavioral Shield and File system shield. Also make it a trusted program for Avast Sandbox.

Avastsvc.exe should be set as " Installer/Updater " and avast.setup (this is hard to find) should be in your trusted files.

Good luck.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

No.
Why should they..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
???
Sandboxed files invoking HIPS outside of the sandbox?
Are the changes really being done? I mean, the sandboxed applications really try to change real files outside of the sandbox and trigger the HIPS?
How does it work?

Hermite15

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
???
Sandboxed files invoking HIPS outside of the sandbox?
Are the changes really being done? I mean, the sandboxed applications really try to change real files outside of the sandbox and trigger the HIPS?
How does it work?

I must be dreaming ::) ... sandbox files won't invoke anything, and the HIPS will monitor sandboxed files is that clearer ??? ::)... and if Avast implemented something that prevents HIPS monitoring of sandboxed content -  and I can't tell because I never tested that - that it won't monitor anything. And if it does, it will monitor what happens inside the sandbox.

Now if the sandbox leaks, then there's no doubt that the HIPS will hit. Look I haven't tested that but I'm pretty sure that CIS def+ sends an alert when Avast auto-sandbox does (an alert about the auto-sandbox alert, not its content). It's a process, period.

iroc9555

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:43 PM »
logos is correct.

"...but I'm pretty sure that CIS def+ sends an alert when Avast auto-sandbox does (an alert about the auto-sandbox alert, not its content). It's a process, period."

When I implemented Avast AutoSandbox tool test, I got 1/2 a dozen alerts from Comodo saying that Avastsvc.exe wanted to change some files and registry keys, as matter of fact the alerts came out before Avast itself telling me that the tool must be run in the sandbox ( I have it set to ask ).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
Now if the sandbox leaks, then there's no doubt that the HIPS will hit.
Sure. But only in case of leak I suppose then...

Hermite15

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
logos is correct.

"...but I'm pretty sure that CIS def+ sends an alert when Avast auto-sandbox does (an alert about the auto-sandbox alert, not its content). It's a process, period."

When I implemented Avast AutoSandbox tool test, I got 1/2 a dozen alerts from Comodo saying that Avastsvc.exe wanted to change some files and registry keys, as matter of fact the alerts came out before Avast itself telling me that the tool must be run in the sandbox ( I have it set to ask ).

thanks, this proves there's no conflict, and CIS HIPS of course hits first ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:05 PM »
thanks, this proves there's no conflict, and CIS HIPS of course hits first ;)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76650.msg634765#msg634765
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:10 PM »
yeah Asyn, I know how powerfull Def+ is  ;)