Author Topic: [solved] latency when loading pages in Firefox 4 (edit: not avast related)  (Read 3017 times)

Hermite15

I posted that before somewhere a while ago, this happens only when AIS is installed. Pages are not too slow to load, but there's a wait (1~2 secs) before the loading starts, and then the page is instantly displayed. This happens on any page, any site.

Again, I only got this issue in FF4 and when Avast 6 is installed. Any idea?

ps: disabling any shield doesn't change anything.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:41:27 PM by logos »

Offline DraKuL

Re: upsetting latency when loading pages in Firefox 4
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
I'm experiencing the same issue.. it takes some time to load ff4 and also once it loads, it will freeze for 2-3 seconds again.. I wasnt sure if it had anything to do with Avast till you posted this.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
yeah that's like a very short freezing of the UI when loading pages... I'd really like to get some feedback from Avast now as I didn't get any last time I reported that.

ps: webrep is not installed here, so that's not it (just in case... ;) )

edit: @DraKuL I'm not talking about a program startup issue
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:33:07 PM by logos »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
I haven't experienced anything like that with FF on Vista and WinXP. However i'm using AIS, but without the firewall component as it has problems with utorrent. So i'd start with the firewall. Try disabling or removing it and then see if the problem remains.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
already tried with the firewall, didn't change anything. And I don't want to uninstall it since re-installing it without re-installing AIS fails most of the time.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »
yeah I know, but I have both, when you start the app also it delays and then freezes in a bit..
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
just uninstalled AIS, the latency is still there, but much shorter. Would have to re-install AIS and add (install) modules one by one and I don't feel like doing that ::)

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
okay I think I got it, was not Avast, but the bit.ly extension. Sorry for the fuss guys ;)