Author Topic: Mozilla 1.7  (Read 3092 times)

Blue Dog

Mozilla 1.7
« on: October 05, 2004, 11:20:46 PM »
 ??? I have just installed Mozilla 1.7 and am learning "stuff" lots of stuff...

I've been using AVAST now for over a year and love it to pieces.   :D

My problem is that it won't recongize my SMTP server or my Pop either...and I don't mean my Father either  ;D -
Mozilla is wierd, but then I just received it so I don't yet have an official opinion about it.

I don't see anything here, so far, about anybody using Mozilla... ??? ???  Does AVAST not work with Mozilla?
If not, why not? Any ideas?

I also get very weary with web sites that won't accept my "legitimate" Email address, including AVAST who were kind enough to find a workaround for this nasty little problem..but I subject because it happens too often for comfort.  Grrrrr! I don't use vanity addresses
either.  

I am using Zone Alarm, free, Java Cools kool utilitites,
fyi.  

Now what was that workaround Alwil did for me to fix this stupid "legitimate Email address" of mine, I wonder.  Sadly, I never asked. Should have!

I don't want to change Antivirus programs when I think I've alread got the bestest!!!!  

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Mozilla 1.7
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 11:28:50 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

avast should work with Mozilla Mail, but you will probably have to set up the mail protection manually (I don't think the Mail Protection Wizard works directly with it), see the avast help file Setting up the Mail Protection and or visit the User's FAQ thread, again looking for Mail Protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Blue Dog

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 11:43:01 PM »

avast should work with Mozilla Mail, but you will probably have to set up the mail protection manually (I don't think the Mail Protection Wizard works directly with it), see the avast help file Setting up the Mail Protection and or visit the User's FAQ thread, again looking for Mail Protection.

:o WOW! That was fast, fast, fast David. Thank you ever so kindly for your speedy reply.

I did try everything you suggested, but will nevertheless check out your url.  However, I've just reverted to OE6 and will continue to use it since it works tickety boo tom terrifc.  It it ain't broke, still fix it?  Mozilla has a somewhat steep learning curve even for this old hack. My usual habit whenever trying anything new...and I try them all folks!  :P ...is to to give whatever a fighting chance and if it turns out that it requires an IT Pro. I dump it.  End of story.  

Be patient with me. God hasn't finished with me yet!
Ha ha ha. Neither of us has that much time left before the clock runs out.  :)

Thanks again!

dniezby

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 12:00:03 AM »
I just had the same problem. Here is the fix. I'm assuming that the Suite operates the same way that Thunderbird

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7690;start=0#lastPost

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:33:50 AM »

:o WOW! That was fast, fast, fast David. Thank you ever so kindly for your speedy reply.

I did try everything you suggested, but will nevertheless check out your url.  However, I've just reverted to OE6 and will continue to use it since it works tickety boo tom terrifc.  It it ain't broke, still fix it?  Mozilla has a somewhat steep learning curve even for this old hack. My usual habit whenever trying anything new...and I try them all folks!  :P ...is to to give whatever a fighting chance and if it turns out that it requires an IT Pro. I dump it.  End of story.  

Be patient with me. God hasn't finished with me yet!
Ha ha ha. Neither of us has that much time left before the clock runs out.  :)

Thanks again!
You will have to get used to that, replies tend to be quick here, certainly better than many other so called support forums.

As and when you are ready to try Mozilla Mail again, you know where we are if you need help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security