Author Topic: avast update problem  (Read 8757 times)

mr.tim

avast update problem
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/11/36/45/76/avast110.png

http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/11/36/45/76/avast210.png

update problem

please tell me the reason and solution ..thanks advance

the actual number of malware sample thaat avasr cant detect is much higher, as asingle virus definition can identify tens, hundred or even thousands of unique samples

your virus def.... are out of date latest virus definitions : 110204-0

Offline RZPogi

Re: avast update problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »
Did you try manually updating? If not, try clicking the update engine and virus definitions button.

If that doesn't work, download the the update pack at http://www.avast.com/download-update
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »
What happened when you clicked the Update link in the first image you posted, that should have attempted an update ?

If it failed, what errors were displayed ?

What is your firewall ?
Does it allow avast.setup internet access ?
- If it does delete the entry for it and do a manual update, this should force the firewall to ask permission again.

Try this also if the above doesn't make a difference - From the avastUI, Settings, Updates, Proxy Settings, set it to Direct connection (no proxy), see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mr.tim

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
the new popup message is coming that
your subscription for avasr  has expire as result the program will not download any further updates...

where i can change or update subscription for my antivirus...
my pc is connect other 8 computer and my pc is server.... al computers are using same program .. (airline department)
in my system one software is Amadeus Selling Platform provide 1 anti virus Avira.(paid) full update
butt in my system the ccannot work Proper ..daily my system show bugg virus..etc i Dont no..
then i install Avast and Scan my full pc .... Great Result coming
my system speed is perfect like after format and insstal new... virus stop
now i have 2 Antivirus    avast/avira working togather  Perfect butt i like avast..
Ques--- where i can change or update subscription for my antivirus...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »
If your license has expired it won't let you update.

Looking at your first and second images again, there is something seriously wrong with your system. See the highlighting in my images.

The first shows your license expiry date of 6/6/34 (6th June 2034), that that is patently wrong as the longest legitimate license you can purchase is 3 years.

The second image shows the last update attempt as 01/03/32 (1st March 2032); it shows the current version as 110131-0 (YY = 2011, DD = February, DD = 31st), which is a correct interpretation of the virus database version. It gives a release date of 27/02/32 (27th February 2032), which is physically impossible. These with exception to the virus definitions release date are all future dates and they also contradict each other.

So either your system date is completely screwed, check the system date, day month and year and adjust as required. Or the license isn't legit.

~~~~
Far from being perfect:
Having two resident scanners installed is one too many and not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:41:40 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mr.tim

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:21:03 PM »
thanks alot Brother now every thing is ok
Problem solved..
the date Problem is coming reason 3 persons use this server in the different times may b 1 of the user creating this problem
you are rite here is my system date is rong....many time my system sending message update system time butt i ignored

now my avast is fully update and show 4 month left for expire
butt this time taking more then 30 mins... for heavy updat

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »
You're welcome.

bramma

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
I had AVG2011 free which I removed and installed avast 6.0. and could not update. When Virus Update engine is clicked, it updates a few files for a few seconds and then stops.-- with no error indication etc. The screen indicates the time its pent on its action; and again you have to start all over with the update engine, with no luck.
1)  I removed all traces of AVG with the removal tool.  Still there was no luck.
2)  I have also been using COMODO firewall, which does not prompt with any screen when AVG was to be updated automatically.  (In all other cases, COMODO screen asks whether it should be switched to Update /Installation Mode.) I set COMODO manually to Installation Mode.
And then AVAST updated with no hitch. After this updation I set COMODO back to Clean PC Mode.

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 05:37:00 AM »

Welcome to the forums, Bramma   :)

Have you trued a repair of avast?

To do a repair of avast :

For XP -

Control panel  >  Add/remove programs  >  click once on avast to select it  >  click on Change/Remove  >  scroll down the left pane and click on repair  >  click OK  >  follow directions.

For W7 -

Control Panel  >  Programs  >  Programs and Features  >  click on avast  >  click on Uninstall/Change  >  click on Repair from the left pane  >  then folllow the steps.

* It is always helpful to give the OS you are using plus any other security software.