Author Topic: Web Shield settings: scanning selected file types  (Read 2459 times)

Paul1149

Web Shield settings: scanning selected file types
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
Under Web Shield, Expert settings, if I choose Scan selected file types, is a default set of file types invoked, or is it entirely dependent on what I add to the next text box? Since that next text box has a check box to enable it, the implication seems to be that there is a default set of file types underlying it.

Thanks,
p.

reesd

Re: Web Shield settings: scanning selected file types
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »
I would like to verify this also. If someone chooses selected types and doesn't enter anything are they essentially scanning nothing?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:03:28 AM »
As far as I know, if you choose "Scan selected file types", then only those filetypes will be scanned.

The help file also suggests this:
Quote from: avast! Help files
Web scanning
On this page you can specify which files should be scanned when they are downloaded from the internet. You can specify that all files should be scanned, or just those with particular extensions. For this feature to be active, the "Enable web scanning" box should be checked on the Main Settings page.

You can also enter the MIME types of files that should be scanned. In both cases, wildcards can be used.

reesd

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »
Thanks, that is what I expected based on a literal read as well.