Author Topic: KMPlayer problems  (Read 2710 times)

mirecek1965

KMPlayer problems
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
Every time i run Kmplayer, Avast IS ask me for enabling or disabling acces to internet, no matter i answer this many times, Avast dont remember this. Only for Kmplayer, other programs it remember. It is boring. Thank you.

ethan76

Re: KMPlayer problems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »

I too am using KMPlayer ver 3.0.1440 but I am not using the firewall of AIS on this pc. I use Comodo here. And yes KMPlayer does that. Keeps on calling/connecting to home. I block that with the 'Application Rules' of Comodo. Can you block the site it connects to or the port it uses to call home? How about Site Blocking? (well have not used that but just asked just the same).

On this system with Comodo, KMPlayer usually connects to 61.111.8.189 TCP using port 80. I don't know in your case. You can either block the IP address or create an Application rule for KMPlayer or a Global rule for TCP out for port 80. As mentioned again I am not familiar with avast firewall. Frankly I got confused and instead opted to use Comodo. On my other pc's I have Outpost/Online Armor(paid versions).

Might check out this thread here and you might wanna ask the guys there have stumbled upon something with rules creation pertaining to "block all".

Goodluck:)