Author Topic: Auto sandbox triggered on network access  (Read 1816 times)

Offline R. Hansen

Auto sandbox triggered on network access
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:45:24 AM »
When, over a network share, I access an installer file that would normally trigger the auto-sandbox on execution (Ex: Any of the Sam&Max "third season" installers), even for something as benign as a file copy, auto-sandbox is triggered on the server machine, file access is denied, and it locks up the client machine trying to access the file over the network. The result is I have to run downstairs to the server and tell it to ignore the program.

I transfer a lot of these kinds of files between machines, and it is not easy to tell which ones will trigger the sandboxing.

Is that normal behavior for auto-sandbox? Is there a setting I'm missing in the File Shield that would cause auto-sandbox to only trigger when a file is executed?

Right now, I have auto-sandboxing disabled, as a workaround. I would prefer to be able to have it active, but not activate when a file is accessed over a network share for something as trivial as file copy.

Any help, or do I just need to leave auto-sandbox disabled for my peer-to-peer network? I'm just wondering if I missed a setting somewhere.

Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro 1709 (16299.371) x64, 16 GB RAM, Core i5-4670, Nvidia GTX 1080 397.31 drivers, Avast 18.3.2333