Author Topic: No record of free registration!  (Read 2215 times)

Christytop

No record of free registration!
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:27:11 AM »
I did not notice that my temp copy of avast free was expiring. I got the unsecured message yesterday. I filled out the registration form for 1 year and got the "successful" window and waited a full 24 hours and got no email. I logged onto the avast site and asked for a resend of the license. I was sent an email saying that there was no record of my registration. I have again filled out the form. So far I have gone 24 hours without AV protection. Why would this happen? I received no messages that my copy was expiring, maybe I was expecting too much. I didn't realize that I had to check the date to avoid becoming unsecured.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No record of free registration!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
What version of avast do you have, the latest being 6.0.1091 ?

If you registered from the Register Now button (see image) in the avastUI, Maintenance, Registration, you should have been able to do that directly without the need to get an email ?

Only if you used the Offline registration, Registration form button, would you receive an email with your registration key which you would have to input. Using the previous method all this is done within the avast interface no need to file in the forms, wait for an email and insert the key.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Christytop

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:56 AM »
Hi,
 When I saw the unsecured icon on my tray, I opened the program and since i had passed the time, the window i saw was a big "unsecured" message. The one you show was not there. I guess that is for when you have not expired. I went back and saw a register button on the page. I had gone to the website before to look for info about the unsecured message. That was why i filled out the form again. I was able to register from the program and update everything. I did not find any info yesterday telling me to register from my installed program. Thannk you for sending me back to look for a register button. I am secured now. I hope i can just ignore the online registration I resent.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:38:29 AM »
Glad you've sorted out with David's advices :)
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:19:45 AM »
When I saw the unsecured icon on my tray, I opened the program and since i had passed the time, the window i saw was a big "unsecured" message. The one you show was not there. I guess that is for when you have not expired. I went back and saw a register button on the page. I had gone to the website before to look for info about the unsecured message. That was why i filled out the form again. I was able to register from the program and update everything. I did not find any info yesterday telling me to register from my installed program. Thannk you for sending me back to look for a register button. I am secured now. I hope i can just ignore the online registration I resent.

No problem, glad I could help.

You will probably get a registration email in due course, but you can ignore that now you have registered and no further action is required.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security