Author Topic: Receiving all emails as attachments only-Windows Mail  (Read 7277 times)

jeri1969

Receiving all emails as attachments only-Windows Mail
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
I have Vista and using Windows Mail.   

For the past week or two I have been receiving ALL EMAILS as attachments including the body of the email.   I have to wait until the email is downloaded then open the attachment  which opens it up in a browser (Firefox) to read the email.    I have checked everything and not sure if Avast is causing this or I did something that caused it.   VERY ANNOYING to say the least. 

Could someone PLEASE assist me on this before I scream!

I switch to Thunderbird in the last few days.

Jeri 

Hermite15

Re: Receiving all emails as attachments only-Windows Mail
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
Hi jeri1969 and welcome to the forums,

that sounds crazy...so, what can I suggest, check your settings in the web interface of your mail provider, although...yeah, it sounds more like your getting your mails forwarded from another address, which would explain the attachments (when forwarding configured to do so, ie attach mails)...can I ask you who the mail provider is ?

Oh yeah, you should have switched to Windows Live Mail, and forget about Windows Mail. But if your choice goes to Thunderbord now, then fine  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:10:12 PM by Logos »

jeri1969

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
They are NOT being forwarded from another address!   They come strictly from Godaddy's servers.   I do NOT have problems on Thunderbird ONLY on Windows Mail

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
don't know that's amazing, and hard to explain if it's not forwarded and it just happens in Windows Mail... no idea, I can't check the configuration settings of Windows Mail, I don't have it (discontinued in Win7).

jmcgann

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
I'm hoping user JERI is still around, and remembers the solution for this problem. My wife dearly wants to keep "Windows LIVE" (I know !!) instead of TBird, which I use. All here EMails arrive as attachments which require opening, instead of opening correctly..RSVP also to EMail, as we're "on the road"..
Anyone else have an idea, or solution, pipe right in.. And thanx all in advance..

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
the issue doesn't have much to do with Avast... non idea why I answered here ::) (wrong forum section)

jmcgann

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
the issue doesn't have much to do with Avast... non idea why I answered here ::) (wrong forum section)
A Google search for my problem led me to a user(Jeri) who had encountered the exact same problem I had. It was the only way I could contact that person...Assuming you don't actually have a solution to my problem, I don't know why you answered either !
peace/out

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
A Google search for my problem led me to a user(Jeri) who had encountered the exact same problem I had. It was the only way I could contact that person...Assuming you don't actually have a solution to my problem, I don't know why you answered either !
peace/out

because your post is off topic in this section of the forums, that's why...as to a solution to your problem, it's not my job to investigate, it's yours >>> good luck ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
I'm hoping user JERI is still around...

No user with this name on the forum.
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
I'm hoping user JERI is still around...

No user with this name on the forum.
asyn

that's part of the OP's username...anyway the second guy probably just googled his issue and found the thread..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 11:08:38 AM »
anyway the second guy probably just googled his issue and found the thread..

Ahh ok, thanks.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »
Even so, jeri1969 hasn't been active in the forums since that last post in 7 Jan 2010. So isn't around.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security