Author Topic: How can I and other novice users help the Avast Community?  (Read 1876 times)

CountDracula

Hey all,

Obviously, I'm a new user in the community. I posted in the virus/worms section about an issue I had with an attempted browser hijacking. Frankly, it got me thinking seriously about internet security, viruses, hacking, and that sort of stuff. How can I help the Avast team make more effective anti-virus software, as a layman user? I have some minor C++ programming experience, though not more than a single college course. But in all seriousness, what can I do to help?

Thanks a lot!

-CD

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How can I and other novice users help the Avast Community?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:46:29 AM »
Participate in forums and trying to help is a way :)
Promote avast among your friends is another.
Welcome to forums!
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How can I and other novice users help the Avast Community?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:50:17 AM »
Well to start with recommend it to your friends.

Essentially you need to get to know the avast program, dig around in the avastUI and find out how it can be configured.

Browse the forums and get to know what goes on here and if there is any area where your personal computer experience, not necessarily avast related might help then you can give your input. You have expressed an interest in "Frankly, it got me thinking seriously about internet security, viruses, hacking, and that sort of stuff." So monitoring the viruses and worms forum will probably be of more interest.

I think you will quickly find where you can help, don't jump in to quickly as some do when it is clear that it is over their head or understanding of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security