Author Topic: Virus detected, again......  (Read 53779 times)

AKatRT

Re: Virus detected, again......
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
I am struggling. The only thing I could find remotely matching your instruction was:

Options►Personal email signature

Does not look at all like your screen. Sorry. Would need another hint please. Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
No problems - open windows live mail and select the drop down on the left
Select Options and then mail
That will bring you to the tab I showed earlier

AKatRT

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »
Ok, got there. No, nothing there. I suggest I try it again for a day or so and leave you to people who need your help more - but I thank you for your help. Can you send me on my way with one last suggestion on the flashplayer issue I mentioned, i.e. how, when I download from the website you gave me, Avast may be doing something to it (sandbox or whatever) where the Adobe download manager gets hung up? Thank you!!!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
Download the standalone installer from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/ to your desktop

Run the programme and if Avast queries it then use the drop down to allow it to run normally

AKatRT

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
OK, will do, and thank you.

AKatRT

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »
Sorry, not good. Again as before computer slow, screen unstable, freezes up. Any other possibilities? Thank you.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
Lets have a look at the system

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Then I will look at a slightly different area of the system with another diagnostic

Please download SINO by Artellos.

• Save SINO to a place you can remember and run SINO.exe. (If you downloaded the ZIP version you will need to extract it first)
  • Then please check the following checkboxes:
Code: [Select]
System Info
Services
Boot Check
Tasklist
Startup Items
Event Log
Ipconfig
Ping
Netstat
Hosts file
Shares
Routing Table
  • Once checked, hit the Run Scan! button and wait for the program to finish the scan.

• A notepad window will pop up. Please attach to your next reply.
Note: If you try to interact with the program once it’s started scanning it might appear to hang. The scan however will continue.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:59:01 PM by essexboy »

AKatRT

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Ah, thank you. I will have to run tomorrow plse otherwise short of time. By the way I have this Avast 'WebRep' add-on running - hope that is not the cause -> can try to run without if you believe it a good idea. But I will do what you suggest in your post. Thanks.   

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »
I have web rep on and it has caused no slow down that I am aware of  ;D

AKatRT

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 11:34:57 PM »
Ok, yes, I believe you are right. Will do as suggested by you and get back. Thanks.

AKatRT

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
Re Speedfan, the info you circled on the left (fan info) is not shown. With regard the info on the right - thus far unable to copy it and bring it into a post - any suggestions please? Thanks you.

SafeSurf

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
AKatRT,

Can you give us some information about your machine like any add-on's you use (NoScript, ect.), browser, ...information that should be in your Signature...as this may help us figure out why you can't see the information you just posted?  You can make it your Signature if you want and just say in your post "see Signature."  Thank you.

AKatRT

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
Perhaps I'm not being clear, sorry, my problem is that EB wants to see info from Speedfan, but I have no idea how to copy that from the speedfan display. Copy paste does not appear to work.

If you require addit info about what I run here (signature info?), please help me and tell me where I can find that info. I run Windows Vista on a Toshiba laptop. 

SafeSurf

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear from your post.  Can you do a screen shot of the problem?

To create your Signature:

Please go to PROFILE on the top of the main forum page > Modify Profile > Forum Profile Information > Signature.   Enter information about your system like the Operating System (OS), RAM, browser, security software, what version and product of Avast and firewall you use and other items you wish to mention.  See my signature or others as an example. 

AKatRT

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
This is the info from Speedfan - copied over: HDO: 35 C; Temp 1: 60 C; Core 0: 55 C; Core 1: 59 C. Thanks.